• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Has anyone ever heard of Jonathan Goldman?

Started by Raineyrocks, May 10, 2007, 05:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

He makes this really neat music and I was wondering if anyone here has used it to meditate ?   I have one of his cds and have ordered a couple more.  The one I have is called Holy Harmony and he uses some kind of musical forks to pitch the sounds, it gives me goosebumps and has calmed me down when I'm stressed.  I can't seem to meditate to it though because the pitches are too loud.

I have trouble meditating because I'm always busy thinking but I was thinking maybe his cds will help me to center myself.   :dontknow:

space

never heard of him but I have trouble with shutting my mind off too. I like to walk or swim and I find that I get in a meditative trance like state.

MaineShark

Nope, but Zaireeka by The Flaming Lips is a pretty good mind-warper.  Gotta love an album that doesn't have a "parental advisory," but does have a warning that the music may cause disorientation.

Hint: don't play this while standing with your eyes closed, unless you enjoy falling over.

Joe

Raineyrocks

Wow, I got my cds in the mail today and I'm listening to Chakra Chants 2 by Goldman right now.  I feel tingly on my arms and really peaceful, this rocks! 

I'm going to find some batteries for my cd player and listen to his other cds on the deck tomorrow morning in my pajamas.  It says if you listen with head phones you get an even bigger effect, cool! :D

I think it might be impossible for me to get mad about anything right now.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: raineyrocks on May 14, 2007, 03:18 PM NHFT
so tempting...

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 14, 2007, 04:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on May 14, 2007, 03:18 PM NHFT
so tempting...

Go ahead give it your best shot Russell.  The cd is almost over though. :angel4: