• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coconut tries to meet with Keene Court

Started by Coconut, August 22, 2008, 01:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Coconut

I'm now pursuing a meeting with the judge or officials of the Keene District Court to open a discussion about insane camera rules in the courtroom. I am expecting a call back from Larry. I will ask to record, and hopefully can take one person with me. The judge asked that we meet to "go over the ground rules," so I am only following up on his request :). This thread is where I'll post more information when I have it. I hope to aim to have my meeting around the first week of september.

Coconut

I talked to Larry. He won't take an appointment for me to meet with anyone.  I voiced my concern over the rules and he gave me "It's a NH district court rule; we have nothing to do with it." I guess the only next step is to make my case with the judge next time I'm in to record a trial. Mnaw  :-\. Some people think I'm blowing this out of proportion. It's just so insane I couldn't let it go right away. He says the reason as he understands it is so I don't pan the audience, which I can't anyway. Why do people have a right not to be broadcast in public court anyway? It's a matter of public record anyway.

I forgot to ask if I would be allowed to record and broadcast a day's worth of trials and pleas.

me- "I think it's an unreasonable restriction on freedom of the press to stop standard production techniques"
larry - "ok. You're free to think that"

AnarchoJesse

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote from: 'Coconut'Some people think I'm blowing this out of proportion.

I think you're motivated by the best of reasons - this restriction on your freedom actually MATTERS. It's more than a hypothetical thing. I fully support it, kudos!

Quote from: 'Coconut'me- "I think it's an unreasonable restriction on freedom of the press to stop standard production techniques"
larry - "ok. You're free to think that"

"Your interpretation doesn't matter" is essentially the emotional straw that broke the "I need to withdraw from all of this crap" camel's back.