• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

In Alabama, you're all terrorists

Started by shyfrog, May 09, 2007, 09:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 14, 2007, 01:28 PM NHFT
My mother's church is listed on that PA site.

OMG Kat! Your Mom's church is a terrorist organization? Where is freedom of religion? Have they bombed anyone lately or taught kids to strap bombs to themselves? How did you turn out so well? LOL

error

Kat Kanning

Quote from: CNHT on May 14, 2007, 01:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 14, 2007, 01:28 PM NHFT
My mother's church is listed on that PA site.

OMG Kat! Your Mom's church is a terrorist organization? Where is freedom of religion? Have they bombed anyone lately or taught kids to strap bombs to themselves? How did you turn out so well? LOL

Well, none of them that I know even have guns, much less bombs.  They have the audacity to think the government should follow the constitution.

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 14, 2007, 02:15 PM NHFT
Well, none of them that I know even have guns, much less bombs.  They have the audacity to think the government should follow the constitution.

I have heard it mentioned that some judges will throw you out for contempt of court if you even MENTION the constitution in their court, and that some states even have 'constitutionalists' listed as the mark of someone who is an anti-government terrorist.

I must say Ron Paul is 'terrorizing' the GOP judging from how they are trying to bury his support on the media. I just gave Newtie's people an earful. The woman agreed with me.

;)

Dreepa

Quote from: CNHT on May 14, 2007, 02:33 PM NHFT

I must say Ron Paul is 'terrorizing' the GOP judging from how they are trying to bury his support on the media. I just gave Newtie's people an earful. The woman agreed with me.

;)
Maybe Newtie should endorse Ron Paul.

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on May 14, 2007, 02:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on May 14, 2007, 02:33 PM NHFT

;)
Maybe Newtie should endorse Ron Paul.

That's exactly what I said, in part!

Russell Kanning

Call to Alabama dhs by Seth H.

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=13625.0

maybe we could all call and give them our various points of view or questions about their department.

penguins4me

On a somewhat related tangent, I haven't been watching many movies lately. At the insistence of two different friends, I eventually saw the movie Deja Vu.

What struck me as initially odd was the fact that the movie's hero was a member of the BATFE, not exactly considered a heroic branch of law enforcement.

What angered me was the portrayal of the downright evil villain as Joe White Militia Guy, blowing up a boat full of sailors and civilians (among other things), and calling it a strike against "the government", ad nauseum - and spouting off nonsensically about "patriotism" without actually bothering to attempt to explain how such an act furthered any conceivable cause whatsoever. The icing on the cake was the villain's tossing out Jefferson quotes left and right...

The contrast between that and Red Dawn would be hilarious if it wasn't so insidious.

Russell Kanning

There might people like that, but sounds like both sides were bad.

penguins4me

I'm sure there are people like that. The attempt to apply such a stereotype so blatantly was what shocked me. I really should stop being suprised that people in places of power (political, monetary, fame) use said power to further their agendas.

Of course, I could just be paranoid.

(The movie was simply a mindless action flick. The labels they chose to apply to respective roles were suprising, I thought, but not much more, aside from promoting an Orwellian state as cool and nice.)

KBCraig

Quote from: penguins4me on May 19, 2007, 07:26 AM NHFT
The contrast between that and Red Dawn would be hilarious if it wasn't so insidious.

The contrast between Red Dawn and Red Dawn is so ironic it's not even funny.

LordBaltimore

Ala. Ends Terror Watch List
Associated Press
Monday, May 28, 2007; Page A04

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- The Alabama Department of Homeland Security has taken down a Web site it operated that included gay rights and antiwar organizations in a list of groups that could include terrorists.

The Web site identified different types of terrorists and listed groups it said could spawn terrorists. The list also included environmentalists, animal rights advocates and abortion opponents.

Jim Walker, director of the department, said his agency received a number of calls and e-mails saying the site unfairly targeted certain people because of their beliefs. He said that he plans to put the Web site back up but that it will no longer identify specific types of groups.

Howard Bayliss, chairman of Equality Alabama, said he does not understand why gay rights groups such as his would be on the list.

"Our group has only had peaceful demonstrations. I'm deeply concerned we've been profiled in this discriminatory matter," he said.

Walker said the site had been up since spring 2004 and had received few hits until it recently became the subject of blogs.

error

Sometimes it takes a while for the press to figure out what's going on.