• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Transformers

Started by lildog, July 05, 2007, 07:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lildog

Saw the movie this week and LOVED it!!!

It has some wonderfully funny slams on the government so I think some of you guys here would like it.  I wont get into details so not to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it.

FTL_Ian

There were a couple of shots taken, but also a lot of military worship.  Either way, it was an entertaining film.

dEadERest

Ian, uber Xfrmr fanboy as an actual boy, sounds nonplussed . . ?

Puke

I noticed that the military was shown in a very positive light. I did like the hits they took on the gov't guys and cops though. I laughed the whole movie at the military stuff. Being a former soldier I notice when a movie gets the Army stuff wrong. This movies portrayal of the military was retarded, mainly how fast and competent the military was portrayed as. For an action flick with giant robots though it was pretty good. I was happy with it. 

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

What a great film!
Saw it today. We laughed at everything!

Decepticons... note in the LA scene, no buildings tumbled as in a mysterious controlled demolition.  lol. Hollywood would not even dream that up.
The sound quality was great. They actually appeared to pay decent sound engineers.

So much easier to follow than the animated 1980's movie.
A toy, a tv cartoon, a movie. Who would have thought? So good. Wow.

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on July 05, 2007, 05:44 PM NHFT
This movies portrayal of the military was retarded, mainly how fast and competent the military was portrayed as.

I was thinking exactly the same thing while I was watching it! I was like, there's no way he's going to rattle off some airstrike on the radio and they're gonna show up and get it right, not hit any friendly targets, etc. The military is ANAL.

Puke

The odds of an Army NCO knowing a number for the Pentagon, finding a guy in the desert with a cell phone, actually connecting the call in less than 20 minutes and any one taking him seriously if the call did connect is so unbelievably asinine I can't state it in words.

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

The odds of Transformers transforming at THAT accelerated blurred speed is totally unbelievable! ;D

On the other hand, the odds of fbi agents trampling in on computer geeks is believable!