• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Today's Anti-Smoking Purge Is Borrowed From The Nazis

Started by Kat Kanning, April 25, 2007, 01:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre

I think I shall have to try that when I arrive in NH.  Then we can debate which is more worthless: being arrested for handing someone a piece of paper or selling hot dogs without permission.   :-\

BaRbArIaN

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/sep/27/cigarette-surveillance-program-begins-today/

Tennessee brings out the full police state to curb people from buying tobacco products across state lines to avoid their heinous new tax rates.  Cigarettes are now "contraband" and if you are observed buy too many somewhere else they will arrest you.

alphaniner

Quote from: CNHT on July 31, 2007, 10:45 AM NHFTSpecies come and species go and I don't think that our planet, with its vast influences from space and the universe can be that radically altered by a few ants like us...

The biological record is replete with evidence that life can, does, and in fact must alter the conditions of the planet.  The first life on Earth was necessarily based upon the metabolization of CO2 into O2, thus laying the foundation for all O2 metabolizing life.  If we cut down the majority of the trees on Earth, which are responsible for between 50-70% of the CO2 to O2 conversion (I have read conflicting reports), are you implying it would have no effect on the planet?

Over 200 years ago, George Washington cited the consequences of soil erosion due to agriculture as one of the major challenges the fledgling US would eventually have to face, right up there with the socio-political challenges of sustaining the Republic.  Seriously, we need to step back and realize just how naive and delusional our supposed inculpability is.  The only greater and more dangerous delusion of our age is that of the 'government solution.'

shyfrog

Quote from: RattyDog on September 27, 2007, 01:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: BaRbArIaN on September 27, 2007, 12:25 PM NHFT
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/sep/27/cigarette-surveillance-program-begins-today/

Tennessee brings out the full police state to curb people from buying tobacco products across state lines to avoid their heinous new tax rates.  Cigarettes are now "contraband" and if you are observed buy too many somewhere else they will arrest you.

Explain to me how these people sleep at night. Seriously, if you are that much of a dick, that you would support your state in this kind of bullshit, how do you sleep??

They are "justified" under the law to sleep at night. What more do they need? It's black and white to them and their ilk. Law is law, no need to worry about unintended consequences or innocence. Ask anyone acquainted with "law". There are plenty lurking about on the board  ::)