• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Choice: The root of happiness?

Started by dalebert, August 18, 2007, 10:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert_blog/2007/08/the-power-of-ch.html

For example, suppose a genie gave you these two choices:

1. You can eat at the finest restaurants in the world for free, twice a week. The only catch is that the genie picks the day, when you are not already booked, and he picks the specific restaurant.

Or...

2. You can eat at "good" restaurants, again for free, twice a week. But this time you can schedule it whenever you want, up to two places per week, and pick whatever "good" restaurant you want.

Your first impulse might be to pick the finest restaurants in the world.

Before I even read the last sentence, my immediate impulse was already option 2. Guess that's why I'm libertarian.

I've been a fan of Dilbert for a while. (Could you have guessed that?) I think Scott may be inching ever closer to a libertarian attitude, but not quite there yet. Regardless, his thinking process is entertaining.

Puke

I'd much rather pick number two. I would think that the "finest" restaurants in the world are snooty, tuxedo only, barely get anything to eat type restaurants.

Let me eat in leisure I say.
And in the end it's all just so much shit.