• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

is the world growing?

Started by bill rose, October 24, 2007, 01:07 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BaneOfTheBeast

Quote from: Faber on October 26, 2007, 04:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: BaneOfTheBeast on October 26, 2007, 04:33 PM NHFT
Shame shame Arc and Faber. Demonizing people for their ideas? You know what that looks like don't you?

Yeah . . . it looks something like this:

QuoteShame on you for criticizing the way others choose to take action.

"Demonizing" me and Arc for our ideas and our actions . . . .

So what you're saying Faber, is that you bullying and calling someone names is the same as me reprimanding you for such behavior?

Ha. Nice spin.

bill rose

so maine shark your not saying the world is not growing you are just saying
if we realized it
worm hole tech might come out?

i feel new info
if correct need to be explored
maybe i am wrong

but i feel much of our science is wrong
if we still want to be the world leader we better get ready
for the other countries they will be years ahead if we are using old ideas
that are wrong

kola

and I **thought** I was the wierdest guy here.

Kola

KBCraig

Quote from: kola on October 30, 2007, 10:33 PM NHFT
and I **thought** I was the wierdest guy here.

LOL... hardly!

On the "weird" scale, you register as "unconventional".

Have you looked up Tunga or GritsMixedWithToads, or whatever the heck his name is?

Kola, you're practically another Robert Taft in this crowd.  ;) ;D

MaineShark

Quote from: bill rose on October 30, 2007, 03:47 PM NHFTso maine shark your not saying the world is not growing you are just saying
if we realized it
worm hole tech might come out?

Uh, no.  The world is not growing, for one.  Let's get that straight.  Just because some fool makes a youtube video, does not make him right.

Science is about observing the world, and creating theories that explain the observations, then testing those theories and seeing if they accurately predict events.  If I observe gravity, and I theorize that gravity operates on an inverse-square law, then drop items in a vacuum and observe their behavior, I can see that my theory is sound, because the observed behavior matches the behavior predicted by the theory.

Deciding that the world is growing, then selecting carefully-tailored "evidence" that matches the fantasy, is not science.

The comments relative to wormholes and such were that, even if you could establish that certain things were not being explored, that does not imply some "massive conspiracy to hide the truth" or anything of the kind.  It could simply be that those who are able to explore a given phenomenon, choose not to for their own reasons.

Quote from: bill rose on October 30, 2007, 03:47 PM NHFTi feel new info
if correct need to be explored
maybe i am wrong

Go for it, then.  Don't demand that others do it for you.

Quote from: bill rose on October 30, 2007, 03:47 PM NHFTbut i feel much of our science is wrong
if we still want to be the world leader we better get ready
for the other countries they will be years ahead if we are using old ideas
that are wrong

Science is never wrong.  It may be incomplete, or inaccurate, but something arrived-at scientifically cannot be "wrong."  There is a lot of pseudo-scientific nonsense like ethnogenic global warming and whatnot floating around out there, but that isn't science, any more than this "the world is growing" foolishness is.  In both cases, the proponents decided what the results were, then tailored the evidence to meet their desires.  That is not science.  Ever.

There are plenty of actual, documented conspiracies out there, without going on about fictional nonsense.

Joe

ladyattis

The Earth never grew in size, since that would suggest the law of conservation of energy could be violated globally. It can be violated locally, but not globally.

-- Brede

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: ladyattis on October 31, 2007, 12:17 PM NHFT
The Earth never grew in size, since that would suggest the law of conservation of energy could be violated globally. It can be violated locally, but not globally.

-- Brede

I think this theory is bunk, but the above doesn't actually refute it: The Earth could be growing by decreasing in density—"decompressing" or somesuch.

MaineShark

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 31, 2007, 12:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: ladyattis on October 31, 2007, 12:17 PM NHFTThe Earth never grew in size, since that would suggest the law of conservation of energy could be violated globally. It can be violated locally, but not globally.
I think this theory is bunk, but the above doesn't actually refute it: The Earth could be growing by decreasing in density—"decompressing" or somesuch.

Where would the energy to offset gravity be coming from?

A balloon can expand because you push air into it, and the pressure generated by such offsets the strength of the elastic.

If the earth were expanding, ebergy would be required to offset the force of gravity.

But no, it doesn't refute the claim, since energy could be coming from somewhere.  The fact that the earth is not measurably expanding, coupled by the absurdity of imaginary energy blowing the planet up like a balloon does, however, make it an absurd notion.

Joe

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: MaineShark on October 31, 2007, 02:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 31, 2007, 12:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: ladyattis on October 31, 2007, 12:17 PM NHFTThe Earth never grew in size, since that would suggest the law of conservation of energy could be violated globally. It can be violated locally, but not globally.

Where would the energy to offset gravity be coming from?

A balloon can expand because you push air into it, and the pressure generated by such offsets the strength of the elastic.

If the earth were expanding, ebergy would be required to offset the force of gravity.

But no, it doesn't refute the claim, since energy could be coming from somewhere.  The fact that the earth is not measurably expanding, coupled by the absurdity of imaginary energy blowing the planet up like a balloon does, however, make it an absurd notion.

I wonder if the "hollow earth" theory is behind this world-growing one... one bit of crackpottery deserves another...

bill rose

hollow earth is fun but its is a crazy idea