• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A nice second amendment-related gadget.

Started by mike82934, November 16, 2007, 09:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mike82934

I shop Cabela's on a constant basis, and can't believe that I didn't see this before today.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0034775227757a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=gatling+gun+kit&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=gatling+gun+kit&noImage=0

About thirty seconds after I saw it, my first thought was "You know, with a little time to experiment and a small electric motor, you could potentially have a lot of fun".  >:D I showed it to the guy I work with, and he suggested a 12-volt motor with a cigarette-lighter adapter.  :P

Damn, I enjoy working with another gun-nut, though I don't think the BATF would look kindly on our conversation.

KBCraig

Quote from: mike82934 on November 16, 2007, 09:39 PM NHFT
About thirty seconds after I saw it, my first thought was "You know, with a little time to experiment and a small electric motor, you could potentially have a lot of fun".  >:D I showed it to the guy I work with, and he suggested a 12-volt motor with a cigarette-lighter adapter.  :P

Damn, I enjoy working with another gun-nut, though I don't think the BATF would look kindly on our conversation.

They wouldn't. Hand-cranked gatling guns aren't machineguns, but electric one are. It's still semi-auto as long as you have to physically move the crank for each actuation of the trigger.

The buzz-killers at BATF determined (many years ago) that if you hook up an electric motor, the switch becomes the trigger. And since you can depress the "trigger" (switch) one time and get multiple shots, it's a machinegun.

Recumbent ReCycler

Definitely not something you would want to do before the NFA is repealed, unless you have a manufacturing FFL with the SOT stamp.  They also make a kit that uses 2 AK type rifles.