• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Need help with a website!

Started by RangerProbst, November 26, 2007, 01:09 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RangerProbst

Hello All,

I'm asking for some advice here because I'm not sure of the best way to proceed.

Here is my situation:

1. I want to buy a web site that I can use to spread my political beliefs. I want to be able to post articles daily and also have a blog that I can write on. I want people to be able to leave comments as well.
2. The domain name is available.
3. I'm not sure where to purchase the domain (I will not use GoDaddy and I have no experience with any other company).
4. I'm not HTML savy. I need someone to help build the site and then make small changes every day. This help would probably not be long term.
5. Since I do want to learn HTML so I'll be able to edit the page by myself at some point, what would be a good place to start reading about it?
6. Is there anything else I need to consider that I haven't thought of?

Any tips and pointers would be great. Hit me!

CNHT

You don't need to learn HTML to blog. You just need a simple cheap small hosting space and to have someone install the blog for you.
My host charges $42/yr, $72 for three domains included and you can install Word Press.

Kat Kanning

Aren't there free blogging websites out there?

https://www.blogger.com/start

That looks free.  You could get started posting articles there and be up and running right away.

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 26, 2007, 02:12 AM NHFT
Aren't there free blogging websites out there?

https://www.blogger.com/start

That looks free.  You could get started posting articles there and be up and running right away.

Ah yes you could be up and running in 4 minutes.

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 26, 2007, 02:17 AM NHFT
What are we doing up at 3 am?  :P

Oh I'm not really up, this is not 'me'   :blush:

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 26, 2007, 02:17 AM NHFT
What are we doing up at 3 am?  :P

When I asked you that, you said it cause were stupid. ;D

RangerProbst

Thanks for the info so far.

I saw the blogspot and I'm thinking about getting something going there but my goal is to launch my own site. If I put the same energy into launching my own site that I could put into blogspot, I'd have it up and running sooner. I'd prefer to go that route.

Oh, and I'm up because I work graveyard.

ArcRiley

I can help you out, and we can work out something you can afford.  ArcRiley@gmail.com

Kat Kanning