• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bird Cages Available!

Started by Avens O'Brien, November 18, 2007, 09:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Avens O'Brien

Hi there!

Random fact about Avens: I have seven pet birds.  Two are Quaker Parrots (they're like Conures), and I recently moved them from separate cages to one big one.  So now I have two used bird cages to sell!

I don't know if anyone here is interested (or even has birds - if you're considering one as a pet, I offer my advice freely, I've been keeping birds for over ten years).

I'm copying what I posted on Craigslist - feel free to ask for more information!

(2 Bird Cages!  Manchester)

I have two USED cages to sell inexpensively.  I have two Quaker Parrots, and after six years of them living side-by-side in separate cages, a month ago I bought them a giant cage to share.  So their old cages are up for grabs.

The first cage was purchased approximately six years ago (original price $300) for Kiwi.  This cage is appropriate for a pair of cockatiels to a Quaker to a Conure. 

(I took these pictures at night on my back porch so my apologies for the lack of natural lighting.)

This is a full shot:

Overhead:

Door open:

Food dish (there are two):

Bottom and slide-out tray:

The measurements are:
-19 inches wide
-19 inches deep
-21 inches high + 6 inch plastic tray underneath
--(making the whole cage 27 inches tall)
-comes with a 20 inch stand
--on the stand the cage is 47 inches high
-the bars are spaced 1" apart.

The bird who was housed inside has never been sick.  The cage was cleaned weekly and thoroughly scrubbed annually for the last six years.  It has been bleached previously.  It has been thoroughly cleaned.

I'm asking $150 or best offer for the white cage.

The "bronze" cage was purchased eight years ago (original price was also $300) for Petrie.  It's ideal for a Quaker, Conure or small parrot.

(Again, I took these pictures at night on my back porch so my apologies for the lack of natural lighting.)

This is a full shot:

Overhead:

Door open:

Food dish (there are two):

Bottom and slide-out tray:

The measurements are:
-19 inches wide
-19 inches deep
-24 inches high + 6 inch plastic tray underneath
--(making the whole cage 30 inches tall)
-comes with a 20 inch stand
--on the stand the cage is 50 inches high
-the bars are spaced 1" apart.

The bird who was housed inside has never been sick.  The cage was cleaned weekly and thoroughly scrubbed annually for the last six years.  It has been bleached previously.  It has been thoroughly cleaned.

I'm asking $100 or best offer for the "bronze" cage.

You can have both for $200.

Contact Avens at aonarach AT gmail DOT com to ask for more pictures, information, or to see them!
(or just respond to this post here, or PM me)

:)

Beth221

should you keep one for a quaranteen cage?  in case one gets injured? Or if they wake up one morning and start removing feathers off each other? 

(Retired vet tech, i cant help myself!)

Avens O'Brien

Quote from: Beth221 on November 20, 2007, 10:54 AM NHFT
should you keep one for a quaranteen cage?  in case one gets injured? Or if they wake up one morning and start removing feathers off each other? 

I have a spare small cage.  As well as a cage-like carrier.

These two are just too big for me to keep around.  Plus I need the money.

-A

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Beth221 on November 20, 2007, 10:54 AM NHFT

Yeah, I used to raise Quarens.  When they became teens, we alway put them in a special cage.