• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

1000 words is worth a picture... perhaps more.

Started by SethCohn, February 09, 2008, 10:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

Russell Kanning

the only thing that looks out of place to me is the wording under the title

SethCohn

Hint: Plato's Cave allegory is all about seeing that which is hidden from you, yet seeing reflections or shadows which are related to what you are missing seeing.  Apt in this case...

SethCohn

Quote from: Bald Eagle on February 22, 2008, 09:07 PM NHFT
Do one of The Land that Time Forgot with a picture of a steganosaurus on the cover! 

By Request

sandm000

OK, I request clarification on the methods you use to "hide" messages in your pictures.
I only have MS paint on this computer, so it better be lo-tek.

SethCohn

Quote from: sandm000 on February 28, 2008, 10:25 AM NHFT
OK, I request clarification on the methods you use to "hide" messages in your pictures.
I only have MS paint on this computer, so it better be lo-tek.

You can 'hide' messages using just DOS, if need be.  Very low tech.  Also works in Windows and Linux and Mac...

Spoiler hint, as hidden as I can make it...:
You'll want something from this page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_archivers
I recommend (win)rar, if only because as a chart shows, it works on Windows, Linux, Mac, DOS and more...

KBCraig

I think we've reached the upper levels of geekiness, where only idle curiosity has people wondering if Seth will finally give up on us and blurt out the "secret".

SethCohn

Quote from: KBCraig on February 29, 2008, 12:07 AM NHFT
I think we've reached the upper levels of geekiness, where only idle curiosity has people wondering if Seth will finally give up on us and blurt out the "secret".

Nah, some people got it, and I never expected everyone to get it in the first place... I admitted it was geeky at the start.  But if I'd just given the 'secret' away at the start, wouldn't have been as much fun to discover (or use in the future)

Bald Eagle

It's like looking at an El Camino, or one of those ink-blot images.

Is it a car or a truck?
Is it a vase or two people kissing?

Much of what you see is due to preconceived notions about what you should see, and computers only see what they are explicitly told to see.

So if I walk into a parking lot with thought.car in my head, I will see a car.
If it's thought.trk, I see a truck.

Same with the ink-blot, and I can switch back and forth between what I see.
But the image data being conveyed to me is the same, the only thing I've changed is the way I extend my senses to interpret the image.

Any more hints, and I'd be handing it all over on a silver platter and I'd have to rename my account to something like Blabber Mouth.  I'd still be the same person though.

http://3564020356.org/

Lloyd Danforth

A favorite of mine.  Called 'Lady At Her Vanity'

picaro

I must not write down the real names of the days and months which I found out a year ago, nor the way to make the Aklo letters, or the Chian language, or the great beautiful Circles, nor the Mao Games, nor the chief songs.