• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Farm & Forest Exposition, 2008.02.08-09

Started by MTPorcupine3, February 02, 2008, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MTPorcupine3

If anybody should be interested in liberty and keeping Big Brother off their backs, its our farmers. You might want to attend this event, wear a Ron Paul hat, button, or shirt and talk about minimising government intervention into farming at every opportunity.
Rich
===================

http://www.nhfarmandforestexpo.org/

Welcome to the
NH Farm & Forest Exposition:

Friday, February 8, 2008
9 a.m.-8 p.m.

Saturday, February 9, 2008
9 a.m.-4 p.m.

NH's Greatest Winter Fair-25 Years-Silver Anniversary
700 Elm Street, Manchester NH

Price:
$7.00 Admission -
Children 15 and under are Free

The New Hampshire Farm & Forest Exposition has been a winter standard since 1984. Dubbed "New Hampshire's Greatest Winter Fair," the Expo has become a much awaited annual event.

The New Hampshire Farm & Forest Exposition is a non-profit organization. A volunteer board of directors representing agriculture and forestry interests statewide oversees the annual operation of the exposition. The major sponsors are the University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension, the NH Division of Forests & Lands and the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food.

For more information about the New Hampshire Farm & Forest Exposition, its programs, purposes or exhibitor opportunities, contact:

Alan Hardy, Expo Manager
NH Farm & Forest Expo
PO Box 2585, 25 Capitol Street
Concord NH 03302-2585
Phone: 603-271-3788
Fax: 603-271-1109

Visit our sponsors at:

www.agriculture.nh.gov
www.nhdfl.org
www.ceinfo.unh.edu
www.nhmade.com

Beth221

MTPorcupine3

elf

Half the exhibit booths were government-funded enterprises - even the organic "independent" farmers. 
The little USDA or BLM logos on the farm's banners clearly mean that those farms are "approved" and funded by government agencies.
Of course, the unspoken message was these farms and businesses couldn't make it without Big Brother.   Unsettling. 
I spoke to many of the exhibitors.  One was a pest-control firm.  Non-native plant species is the specialty.  He didn't know the names of the chemical compounds he uses to poison your soil and water, but by golly, the non-native plants go away, guaranteed!  USDA approved, too.  His ignorance astounded me. 
One booth was really exciting.   Candia high school students worked together with the Timber Framing Guild, hewing enormous timbers.  Loved it. They were marking and cutting mortise and tenon joints, pegging and assembling parts of a building.  By hand.  No nails.  Old skills being revived.  Made me happy.
The event pumped me up for the state fair.  Can't wait.  I LOVE fairs.

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: elf on February 23, 2008, 05:07 AM NHFT
Half the exhibit booths were government-funded enterprises - even the organic "independent" farmers. 
The little USDA or BLM logos on the farm's banners clearly mean that those farms are "approved" and funded by government agencies.
Of course, the unspoken message was these farms and businesses couldn't make it without Big Brother.   Unsettling. 
I spoke to many of the exhibitors.  One was a pest-control firm.  Non-native plant species is the specialty.  He didn't know the names of the chemical compounds he uses to poison your soil and water, but by golly, the non-native plants go away, guaranteed!  USDA approved, too.  His ignorance astounded me. 
One booth was really exciting.   Candia high school students worked together with the Timber Framing Guild, hewing enormous timbers.  Loved it. They were marking and cutting mortise and tenon joints, pegging and assembling parts of a building.  By hand.  No nails.  Old skills being revived.  Made me happy.
The event pumped me up for the state fair.  Can't wait.  I LOVE fairs.

Thank you for the report!