• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Concord Bush impeachment rally 12p 2/19 (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, February 16, 2008, 10:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I guess that is why we use the term politician ... with a bad connotation

Free libertarian

Agreed, to be "political" or "a politician" has a bad connotation...sort of like the word(s?) "Cop-out" ....
Imagine that, we have words describing our elected and our "protectors" negatively.
Maybe the english language is sending us sublimal messages about how far off track we've let our representatives and our peace officers get?

They say it's a living language...word meanings change, like the word "freedom" for instance...the government wordsmiths are retooling that one. Ahem, freedom isn't free and all that stuff.  I've even heard tell some citizens have berated "those free staters" for trying to cram "freedom" down their throats as if it were cod liver oil or something.   
Makes me wonder if "Domestic Terrorists" are more dangerous than the regular kind of run of the mill Middle Eastern Terrorist...hard to keep up with the meaning of words in these dangerous times...next we won't even be able to tell what the meaning of the word "is", is... but I digress. 

Human nature being what it is, some Reps. will not vote their conscience, but will stick to the safe positions, hence no support for impeachment....sort of a combo of being "a politician" and copping out.   
I think they get extra points for that kind of behavior... and best of all we the people don't get too much freedom crammed down our throats.  :)

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 27, 2008, 07:09 AM NHFT
Agreed, to be "political" or "a politician" has a bad connotation...sort of like the word(s?) "Cop-out" ....   

Cop-out doesn't come from cop. Both the words, however, share a common root, the Latin word for capture.