• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Unlicensed, underage tattoos

Started by KBCraig, February 29, 2008, 05:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Kevin Dean on April 23, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: j'raxisThere was an elaborate debate about the Non-Aggression Principle on the FSP forum between myself and a few other NAP supporters, and Jason Sorens, in these threads, that used children, consent, parent–child relationships, &c., as an example:

Thanks for the link. Having read that over I'm now a little bit more aware of the range of viewpoints encompassed within the FSP and up until the end of the thread, I was actually a bit disappointed.

I'm pretty sure I'm in-line with you ideologically, but a LOT of that thread was hindered by the lack of definition. I understood the point you raised, specifically about the term "child" including (in the definition) inability to consent, therefore all children are incapable of consent (like a triangle is incapable of having 4 sides).

Yeah, that was one of many semantics issues that came up. People can't debate effectively if they're using different definitions of terms, especially important terms that the whole debate hinges on, like morality.

Quote from: Kevin Dean on April 23, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT
That whole exchange still didn't answer the question that's bugging me though, it seemed to dance around it. The problem is that I'm not sure it's one question... I suppose it has to do with how to resolve situations where interpretations of the NAP differ. If everyone in an ancap society agreed that initiation of force is wrong, and some people recognize that the NAP creates an imperitive to act to prevent initiated force against others (i.e. Interevening if you wandered onto a rape-in-progress), how would differences in the definition of initiation actually be resolved? I'm a fan of the idea "There are no conflicts, when you find one your premises are flawed." so I AM willing to accept that there may not actually be an imperitive to act (the face-down-baby anecdote) but to deny that OTHER people will insist (and potentially kill someone because of) it does....

I dunno. :P Thanks for the links, I'll ponder some more. :)

There's another thread on this forum going on about defining initiation of force.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: The Right Reverend Doctor Pope Sir Ryan on April 23, 2008, 04:57 PM NHFT
Anyone find it funny that a Keene police captain posts here?

Seeing as how this debate is about consent and "underaged," maybe he's gonna sic James McLaughlin on us.