• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

D Acres Farm - Automotive Veg Oil conversion class

Started by Pat McCotter, May 11, 2008, 12:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

D Acres Farm Events

September 27: Veggie Oil Conversion with Kevin Maas of KTM Auto 1pm-4pm $32  YES!  The rumors are true...your diesel car CAN be converted to run on waste vegetable oil that you recycle from your local restaurants' fryer!  Learn how you too can be driving a veggie oil-powered car, and why you should care!

jaqeboy

Sounds like a good class - I've been meaning to get up to D Acres for a visit anyway.

Free libertarian

If anyone is interested I have an older but in decent shape F-250 Ford 3/4 ton truck 4x4 that is a diesel...good candidate for a conversion. I live off grid and can't plug it in all the time, during the winter otherwise it'd be a keeper for me.  Concerning alternative fuels, I've been doing some research and heard 1 acre of hemp can produce 500 gallons of "gasoline".  That must be better than corn, certainly less fertilizer would be needed.  Of course there is that little problem with hemp prohibition.

D Acres is a pretty cool place and most of the people seem very intent on living on what they grow or local food.  They have a website with a calendar of events, tours etc.

Pat McCotter

I saw your original post on this. Seth and Chris are not in the market right now. If I was working full time instead of recuperating from aneurysm/stroke, I'd take you up on this. Conversion of a two-tank system is extremely simple.

doobie

Sounds really cool.  I'm hopefully going to be able to wait for a high-mileage diesel SUV/wagon to come on the market and veg oil conversions is on my mind.