• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Confirmation of Lauren's silence

Started by Kat Kanning, June 06, 2008, 06:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Pat McCotter

And don't forget to listen to the cop in that same lecture.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6014022229458915912&ei=&hl=en

"Everything the professor said is true."

Coconut

Looks like a good watch. I'll spend some time on it later.

Coconut

The cop gave up some interesting "tricks" to their "interviews." For those that can't or won't watch, he uses a tape recorder in some interrogations and will turn it off when the suspect stops talking telling the suspect "How about we talk off the record..." and the suspect will open up again. Of course it is all still on the record.

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Quote from: Coconut on June 06, 2008, 09:28 PM NHFT
The cop gave up some interesting "tricks" to their "interviews." For those that can't or won't watch, he uses a tape recorder in some interrogations and will turn it off when the suspect stops talking telling the suspect "How about we talk off the record..." and the suspect will open up again. Of course it is all still on the record.

I had a cop "friend" in a private setting once say that to me... "How about we talk off the record..." I responded with, "How about we don't and just say we did..."  ;D

sgtusmc

The best thing that you can do during an intergation,  Woop's interview is don't say a word.  If the cop says Hi just waive.

FTL_Ian

That's what Barry Cooper says.  Don't answer the door, don't talk to them.

Kat Kanning

Having been interrogated/questioned on several occasions, it is REALLY hard to not say something stupid.

firecracker joe

me too. and i always screw myself by opening my popcorn brain/ mouth

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 10, 2008, 05:04 AM NHFT
Having been interrogated/questioned on several occasions, it is REALLY hard to not say something stupid.
That's the reason why you should always STFU in the presence of anyone who can arrest you or confer charges against you.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on June 11, 2008, 02:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 10, 2008, 05:04 AM NHFT
That's the reason why you should always STFU in the presence of anyone who can arrest you or confer charges against you.

Like you?  :P

Kat Kanning

Quote from: jose on June 10, 2008, 10:46 PM NHFT
me too. and i always screw myself by opening my popcorn brain/ mouth

Eww...that brain opening stuff must hurt!

FreelanceFreedomFighter

I particularly liked the cop's comment, "They do foolish things... they talk to the police."

:blahblah: :jailbird:

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 11, 2008, 05:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on June 11, 2008, 02:40 AM NHFT
Like you?  :P

I've never arrested anyone, and it would require some bizarre unforeseen circumstances before I would be in a position to legally do so.

But yes, the point still stands: it would be unwise to discuss with even me, any plans to smuggle weapons into a prison, or to break someone out.