• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Attempted robbery in Maryland

Started by Giggan, August 29, 2008, 12:44 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggan

I was talking to a friend about this who's also in the CJ program back in NH and he was surprised that a state could legally issue you a driver's license wiothout your consent, signature, etc. If a license bears with it a priviledge and responsibility to a certain state's laws, and I do not agree to accept that responsibility, I don't understand how they can supercede that authority and apply their laws outside of their borders.

K. Darien Freeheart

I don't think that's how it operated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_License_Compact

Most states simply agree to share information between other states and treat offenses as if they happen in state for the purpose of penalizing the driver. One thing that might be interesting to note is that it specifically lists Maryland as a state that does NOT share information about minor traffic offenses.

Pat McCotter

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteDLC has been replaced by DLA.

It might be out of date, but at this point it looks as if neither Maryland nor New Hampshire are members of that.

Giggan

This was sent to my adress in Conc yesterday, nothing else was with it. Moms mailed it down here to Sarasota.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Giggan/filthygarbage1-1.jpg

Notice the state they sent it to (top left corner)...yeah, I've never even been to Washington.

Anyone know if the wrong state can be used to my benefit in any way? I'm gonna call them tomorrrow and tell them I wanna plead not guilty but have no way of attending their trial. I plan on keeping my speaking to a minimum but will ask when I consented to their laws, and claim that I was only traveling through the state, which I was. I'm also thinking...it says failure to display registration 'card'. New Hampshire's reg is a piece of paper, not a card. Should I claim I could not possibly abide by this law if I wanted to? It also says failure to show reg 'on demand'. The officer never even asked for it (If I remember correctly...I'm 90% sure I pointed out that I did not have my reg on my person without his asking, and I know he never responded that it would be a problem).

Also, I love the bar codes on the form. Makes me proud to be a computerized case number.

I had originally planned to request a delay (I won't say anything outside of telling them I can't make it in October and see if they offer one). I know NH's appearance things have right on em the process for having it delayed if you can't make the date given.

Any advice, as always, appreciated.