• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Off the Grid? You may be forced ON the grid...

Started by shyfrog, July 14, 2008, 10:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

shyfrog

Cecil homeowner rocks the boat again
County cries foul at man's refusal to use local sewage system

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08196/896904-52.stm

Mike Barskey

This guy is aaaalmost a hero!
QuoteHe describes utility companies and authorities as "troublemakers," "bullies" and "yo-yos with queer ideas" about encroaching on people's lives.
"I don't like to see big outfits like this giving all this [hassle] to the people," Mr. Williams said. "These companies are trying to barge in on everybody."
Mr. Williams served 31 days in the Washington County Jail for repeatedly cutting a guy wire securing an Allegheny Power utility pole on his property in 2005 and 2006. When the company kept reinstalling the wire, Mr. Williams dug a 5-foot hole and removed the guy wire anchor.
Without front teeth and wearing his trademark orange tassel cap, Mr. Williams said the citations, fines and jail time have strengthened his resolve to fight intrusions into his simple lifestyle.
"People let their wants outpace their needs, and that's why we're in economic trouble now," he said.

...but...

QuoteCost prompted him decades ago to wean himself from public utilities. He retired from Homestead Valve in 1974 and lives on Social Security and a small pension.
(my emphasis)
Despite his accepting Social Security, he's got a great stance on (against) government-backed utilities and is indeed a hero for making a stand for his property rights!

Puke

Good old gov't sponsored monopolies.
I guess the military hasn't killed enough brown people yet to get that load of freedom to this guys part of America.

kola

that social seciruty s money is his..the thugs took it (and more) from him when he worked.

i don't care if he takes back what was his...in fact he should get it all back.

the guy should start posting here on the forum.

Kola

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Puke on July 14, 2008, 02:36 PM NHFT
Good old gov't sponsored monopolies.
I guess the military hasn't killed enough brown people yet to get that load of freedom to this guys part of America.

Electric transmission isn't a monopoly. You or I could start a company to transmit electricity from our suppliers to our customers... but we would have to pay the landowners for the right-of-way, same as those that went before us.

Puke

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on July 16, 2008, 08:59 AM NHFT

Electric transmission isn't a monopoly. You or I could start a company to transmit electricity from our suppliers to our customers... but we would have to pay the landowners for the right-of-way, same as those that went before us.

It is when the gov't only allows one power company to supply power.

Kat Kanning

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Puke on July 16, 2008, 02:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on July 16, 2008, 08:59 AM NHFT

It is when the gov't only allows one power company to supply power.
Must be in other States...
NH only limits the prices/profits the utilities may charge based on capital investment and costs.

doobie

QuoteThe Washington County Sewage Council sent him a certified letter June 26 stating he had 45 days to tap into the sewage line. The council said it will inspect his septic system to see if it's malfunctioning, which would be grounds to force him to tap into the public system.

Can't he replace his septic system or repair it?  I hope he finds his own inspector and doesn't trust the cities.  "It failed."  and his response will be, "But not one came out here to look at it."  The cities: "It's 40 years old.  It's fails.  See this new statute?  It says all septic systems are now malfunctioning and need to be replaced."

I hope he fights this and maybe delivers his sewage to the Washington County Sewage Council's offices.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: doobie on July 17, 2008, 11:07 AM NHFT
QuoteThe Washington County Sewage Council sent him a certified letter June 26 stating he had 45 days to tap into the sewage line. The council said it will inspect his septic system to see if it's malfunctioning, which would be grounds to force him to tap into the public system.

Can't he replace his septic system or repair it?  I hope he finds his own inspector and doesn't trust the cities.  "It failed."  and his response will be, "But not one came out here to look at it."  The cities: "It's 40 years old.  It's fails.  See this new statute?  It says all septic systems are now malfunctioning and need to be replaced."

I hope he fights this and maybe delivers his sewage to the Washington County Sewage Council's offices.

It doesn't matter if it does pass.

But Thomas F. Wright of the council said if a visual inspection reveals no leaks, that tactic won't work. Then Cecil would have to step in to enforce its ordinance requiring homeowners to tap into the public sewage system.