• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Darren Tufts, Michael Paulhus cases show AG Ayotte refuses to punish cops.

Started by Christopher King, September 07, 2008, 07:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher King

Take a look at this one:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2008/09/darren-tufts-case-shows-that-kingcast.html

QuoteAfter investigating facts in the case, both offices concluded "that trooper Hugh O'Donnell and Sgt. Michael Manley had a reasonable belief that they continued to be in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury when they fired at Darren Tufts, who was on his knees and still appeared to be reaching for a weapon."

Both the SKS NR 7.62x39mm assault rifle Tufts pointed at police and the Cobray double barrel .45 caliber pistol he was reaching for after the first shots by police were fired were found to be unloaded.

Darren Tufts guns were not loaded, but the VT AG cleared the police as usual. At least they waited for ballistics to come back, which is more than they did in the Bruce McKay/Liko Kenney matter, they made their decision  in that case 5 whole weeks before ballistics came back as noted in the first link.

You want more, read the Paulhus case in Nashua where the police violated his Miranda rights and pretended to be from the AG's office. This was a COURT RULING.

www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article

Quote"Ruling in the criminal case, Hillsborough County Superior Court Judge Bernard Hampsey found that police violated Paulhus' rights by questioning him without reading him his Miranda rights while he was in pain from having been shot and despite his desire to consult a lawyer; and by posing as investigators for the state attorney general's office."

Kelly did nothing about it. Didn't even publish an opinion even though she investigated it. That's why I just asked her for her files on that and the Dion shootings:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2008/09/kingcast-demands-rsa-91-review-of-gary.html
QuoteDear Attorneys Strelzin and Ayotte: Please provide me access to review the Dion file, now that your investigation is complete. Inquiring minds want to know more about this case, which is discussed in the comments here and in the dedicated post here,  in which I note that I hope it's not another Dow Murders situation. I mean, really, why didn't Gary disarm his wife instead of shooting her? What really led to the first shot being fired? What was the exact nature of the argument?

And let's not forget the Michael Addison Miranda violations, that Kelly excused by saying that the police did nothing wrong.

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2008/07/nh-ag-kelly-ayotte-supports-police-who.html

Her actions besmirch the legal community at large, and her office in the specific.

FTL_Ian

The Blue Light Gang protects its own.  Virtually every case, every time.   >:(

Christopher King

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 07, 2008, 08:37 AM NHFT
The Blue Light Gang protects its own.  Virtually every case, every time.   >:(
Oh no doubt. And don't get me wrong, In the Tufts case it does appear that the actions might be justified given everything that was going on and what they heard from his ex girlfriend and whatnot.

But that does not excuse the lack of any report or punishment on the Paulhus case, and the lack of any report on the traffic stop in the Franconia case. In point of fact, Kelly lied to me about not having any investigative file to review on the Paulhus case because the Nashua Telegraph Reporter wrote me with more information today:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2008/09/nashua-telegraphs-andy-wolfe-responds.html

Quote"The state attorney general's office investigated the incident, as it does all police shootings. Senior Assistant Attorney General Simon Brown said soon after the incident that the shooting appeared to be justified, and said more recently that he does not expect that initial conclusion will change.

However, Brown won't wrap up his report on the incident until after he reviews Fauteux's testimony in Paulhus' trial, he told Hillsborough County Superior Court Judge Bernard Hampsey on Monday."

Kelly I'm not joking around with you. Attorney Strelzin and you should both be disbarred for your ongoing pattern of lies and deception and I want access to that file right now. And if you don't give it to me the U.S. House will make you give it to me. Are we clear?

Let me say it again: Right Now.

Christopher King

It gets worse:

Notice the lack of any analysis of the bullet trajectories:

Quote"Paulhus' lawyers also want to question state police about their investigation into the incident, Tahmassebipour said. Investigators searched Paulhus' van and seized various evidence, including bullet fragments, and sent it up to the lab but then didn't request any testing, such as ballistics or trajectory analysis, she said."

Just like the windshield bullet in Liko's car, no approach angle given:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/09/kingcast-asks-just-so-we-keep-it-clear.html

A definite pattern here no tin foil hats required, duh.

So now when we go to the Feds we've got a pattern and a lie by Kelly that they had no documents. No way in hell does a Senior Attorney start making statements and there's no documents in the file. The file is closed, the case is over and Kelly owes me the documents, it really is that simple.

KBCraig

Quote from: Christopher King on September 07, 2008, 07:59 AM NHFT
Take a look at this one:

QuoteBoth the SKS NR 7.62x39mm assault rifle Tufts pointed at police and the Cobray double barrel .45 caliber pistol he was reaching for after the first shots by police were fired were found to be unloaded.

Good to see you posting again here, Chris.

I don't recall all the specifics of the Tufts case, but I have to comment on this: If someone is pointing a gun at you, threatening you with a gun, or reaching for a gun and you reasonably believe they intend to shoot you, then it does not matter if it's unloaded.