• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How to get out of a family event that I don't want to go to?

Started by Raineyrocks, August 08, 2008, 09:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: AnarcSyn on August 09, 2008, 08:06 AM NHFT
well, unless there is a chance of gettin into body blows w/ someone at this get together, go and have a good time in spite of it all..

balance out the opportunities of having fun v/s not having fun..

but it seems as if you've agreed to go.. so, go...  and rather than sit around all sullen and agitated, take advantage of moments that arise that offer a chance to getting out of your way and enjoying yourself...

or sit at home and watch the cubbies continue their path to winning the world series...
go cubbies!!!

Be Well
Thanks for the advice too! :)  I've balanced everything out and really it's not so much about me having a good time as it is about my fear of long trips, hating to be in crowds and stuff.   I also know there are going to be many people there that I'm not comfortable around. 

I know I was dumb enough to get myself into this and really should've never said yes in the first place.  Do I ever wish I could take the phone conversation with her back totally! Have you ever felt like that?  That way this would have all been dealt with and I wouldn't be so worried but I did get caught up in the thought of spending time with her and the cousins spending time together.   So I was really excited and backed into a corner by other things she said at the same time and that's when I said I'd go. :P

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MengerFan on August 09, 2008, 12:06 PM NHFT
Tell her you don't hang out with people who bully and manipulate you into doing things you don't want to do.

Thanks but I was really excited and backed into a corner by other things she said at the same time and that's when I said I'd go. :-\  I was just thinking though we were supposed to rent ajoining rooms and now the plans changed, (she changed them), and now we are all supposed to be staying at this other relative's house that I don't even know.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: doobie on August 09, 2008, 12:34 PM NHFT
If they are anti-gun...go and open carry... if it is out of state... say your probation doesn't allow you to leave the state.

Ha, I love it, your a trip!  She'd mince that one in sixteen million parts though! :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on August 09, 2008, 01:04 PM NHFT
Is this a close relative? Go and pretend to enjoy. She won't be around forever and you will regret not having gone to see her.

Is it a friend of the family? Go and pretend to enjoy. She won't be around forever and you will regret not having gone to see her.

Maybe try to discuss the problems you have with her.

Otherwise put your foot down, stick out your bottom lip and scream, "I'm not going and you can't make me!" Then you can enjoy that nice white coat that makes you hug yourself and the pretty little pills they give you as you listen to this. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZMZ-XvvzI

Hi Pat! :D  How's it going?

Thanks Pat! Family, I'm horrible at pretending and you are so right about time being precious but I know this is one event I won't regret going to.  Besides this event there are 2 more that I'm definitely going to in a few months.  :-\  I'd hate to go and discuss issues with her there because if we starting fighting it would be so horrible for everyone around us.

There you go!  I could say I had a nervous breakdown over how to handle this entire issue so I'm in the looney bin, she'd actually believe that one! ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: raineyrocks on August 09, 2008, 01:26 PM NHFT
Is this a close relative? Go and pretend to enjoy. She won't be around forever and you will regret not having gone to see her.

Is it a friend of the family? Go and pretend to enjoy. She won't be around forever and you will regret not having gone to see her.

Maybe try to discuss the problems you have with her.

Otherwise put your foot down, stick out your bottom lip and scream, "I'm not going and you can't make me!" Then you can enjoy that nice white coat that makes you hug yourself and the pretty little pills they give you as you listen to this. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZMZ-XvvzI

Hi Pat! :D  How's it going?

Thanks Pat! Family, I'm horrible at pretending and you are so right about time being precious but I know this is one event I won't regret going to.  Besides this event there are 2 more that I'm definitely going to in a few months.  :-\  I'd hate to go and discuss issues with her there because if we starting fighting it would be so horrible for everyone around us.

There you go!  I could say I had a nervous breakdown over how to handle this entire issue so I'm in the looney bin, she'd actually believe that one! ;D

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I'm so dense!  :duh: I didn't even pay attention to the youtube video you posted until after I wrote my first response to your post.  That is a great video, you have me cracking up!

KBCraig

... as you listen to this. ;D

*ahem* ....

Those "nice young men in their clean white coats" have awfully nice breasts.

Lloyd Danforth

Lloyd Danforth

Rainey.  Tell the relative you can't afford a trip, because you're spending your money preparing for the coming collapse of the economy. 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 11, 2008, 07:58 AM NHFT
Rainey.  Tell the relative you can't afford a trip, because you're spending your money preparing for the coming collapse of the economy. 

She already thinks I'm a paranoid freak and I've tried to inform her about so many things, then she tells me I'm insane but when she finds out the exact same stuff on her own she can't wait to tell me about it! ::)  Talk about feeling like somebody doesn't even hear what I'm saying. :)

I'm pretty sure Rick and I came up with a good one, want to know what it is?  Here I'll tell you and then can you tell me what you think of it?

Okay, Rick is going to let several of his family members, (because that's what this event has to do with, his family anyway), know that he told me I can't go because I make him too nervous while he's driving because I'm a paranoid nag.   So then I'm going to say that I'm mad at Rick and don't want to drive with him anyway! 

What do you think?

Raineyrocks

I wanted to thank everybody that gave me advice for this situation and let you know what I did. 

I decided to do the right thing, (felt right to me anyway after thinking about it), and just talk to her about my feelings.  I let her know before I talked to her that I hoped she wouldn't be mad at me and she was very important to me and she was great about it.

She said she was really dissappointed because she was really looking forward to hanging out with me, I don't know, I'm so boring but anyways she's not mad and is still talking to me! ;D

Now how to end this fight I'm in with my twin sister.......................

ByronB

Quote from: raineyrocks on August 15, 2008, 06:58 AM NHFT

If you look a lot like her you could give her some drugs that make her go half insane, then have her "taken care of", just impersonate her from time to time so her friends/family think she is still alive (but still crazy).

Or if you just want to get back at her a little, steal her drivers license and go get drunk and then just go park in the middle of a road until a law officer comes along and gives you a DUI... only you give him her drivers license.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: ByronB on August 16, 2008, 03:16 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on August 15, 2008, 06:58 AM NHFT

If you look a lot like her you could give her some drugs that make her go half insane, then have her "taken care of", just impersonate her from time to time so her friends/family think she is still alive (but still crazy).

Or if you just want to get back at her a little, steal her drivers license and go get drunk and then just go park in the middle of a road until a law officer comes along and gives you a DUI... only you give him her drivers license.

Wow, I don't think I'm that mad at her my evil, (I like your way of thinking!), friend! ;D