• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anyone here speak Italian?

Started by Kat Kanning, August 15, 2005, 03:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Kira's going to be trying learn Italian starting this year.  I just thought perhaps there was someone here to practice with?

YeahItsMeJP

No Italian... sorry, but there is a Beginners Gaelic Class I will be taking in Manchester this fall.

JP

KBCraig

I cook some good spaghetti!  ;D

When I lived in Germany, I learned just enough Italian to order *waaaay* too much good food and wine at my favorite little Italian restaurant.

Italian is my favorite of the Romance languages. It's far more beautiful than French. (I quit French after a half semester.)

I enjoy languages, even though I don't have much chance to practice. I used to be fairly fluent in German; I guess I could still make my way about the country without embarassing myself too much. Tourist Italian, as I said, and just enough Russian to confuse the hell out a Rooskie border guard at Checkpoint Alpha (I could tell by the confused look on his face that he knew I was speaking Russian, but he had no idea what I was saying).

And of course, dealing with immigration cases in Texas, I can get by in Spanish. The trouble here is, we've got Mexicans, Tex-Mex, Cubans, Hondurans, and Colombians. The dialects and differences can be overwhelming. I've seen a Cuban and a guy from Nuevo Laredo speaking English as their lingua franca.

I'd check for foreign students at the college. You might have some luck there.

Kevin

AlanM

Je ne comprends pas l"Italien. Parlez vous en Francais?

BlueLu

Keep looking, Kat.  I have met a LOT of people of Italian descent in NH, though it has been on the Hwy 3 corridor.  Lots in MA, too.  There must be some who are friendly, and have been interested in learning the mother toungue.

Rocketman

not fluently, but five semesters worth  ::)

mi piace parlare in Italiano, ma non sono in New Hampshire...

YET!

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Tall, Grande, Vente, Frappachino, Macciato, Cappuccino...........

Russell Kanning

Quote from: JP Moonbat on August 15, 2005, 08:48 PM NHFT
No Italian... sorry, but there is a Beginners Gaelic Class I will be taking in Manchester this fall.

JP

what next? ..... ditching the mennonite hat and going to dance in a grove naked worshipping the moon in a druid ceremony

Russell Kanning

president

Quote from: russellkanning on August 16, 2005, 09:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: JP Moonbat on August 15, 2005, 08:48 PM NHFT
what next? ..... ditching the mennonite hat and going to dance in a grove naked worshipping the moon in a druid ceremony
JP said he was a "Celtic Reconstructionist Druid".
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=3285.msg118969#msg118969

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

SWilliams

beginner's Gaellic... way cool!

Failte (pronounced 'faulty' = welcome

and that's all the Irish gaellic i know... lol

I'd like to take that class, too, since my dad's family is from County Sligo and from Barra Island, one in Ireland, the other near Ireland...
(and I'm also a Celtic druid... realm rank 6, master level 10..lol)