• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene City Counselor Arrested

Started by Kat Kanning, August 11, 2005, 11:21 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Please do this. I wish I could be there but I must work. This could be the catalyst for letting folks know the absurdity of calling adults minors.

I've often chided underage drinkers for not rallying to change these laws. How many of them are there? They could probably rally enough numbers to call attention and possibly change a law instead of breaking it.

Cheers!
Pat

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: mikefam on August 12, 2005, 10:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on August 12, 2005, 10:16 AM NHFT
Well then, we should be outside the courthouse protesting his arrest on the 24th.
i'd say no to a public protest outside where mass media couldget ahold of a story like that. I could see headlines something like,"FSP supports underage drinking" or? "those outof state FSP'ers support selling booze to minors" if there was some sort of silent protest inside the court room? like having tones of people sit in the court room with the same color shirts i could support something like that.
Minors and drinking is always a very touchy subject and i wouldnt want to give the enemy's of liberty any undue ammunition.

We would not be protesting as the FSP, but, as citizens.

mikefam

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 12, 2005, 04:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: mikefam on August 12, 2005, 10:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on August 12, 2005, 10:16 AM NHFT
Well then, we should be outside the courthouse protesting his arrest on the 24th.
i'd say no to a public protest outside where mass media couldget ahold of a story like that. I could see headlines something like,"FSP supports underage drinking" or? "those outof state FSP'ers support selling booze to minors" if there was some sort of silent protest inside the court room? like having tones of people sit in the court room with the same color shirts i could support something like that.
Minors and drinking is always a very touchy subject and i wouldnt want to give the enemy's of liberty any undue ammunition.

We would not be protesting as the FSP, but, as citizens.
ok just as concerned citizens i supposeis ok. anyone know what the adderess of the courthouse?
and the time of the trial wed. august 24 th, should the media be tipped off?

Rocketman

Oh, I'd say this is a very worthy issue.? Maybe you can get some of his political allies to join you?? When push comes to shove, the drinking age doesn't have that much political support, having been thrust upon states by the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984.? This site contains a lot of great information: http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html

Rats, now is when I need to be in New Hampshire!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Rocketman on August 12, 2005, 10:22 PM NHFT
Rats, now is when I need to be in New Hampshire!

We can keep the issue alive for you ;D

Kat Kanning

Wow, we're more strict than tight-ass countries like Japan and North Korea?

Rocketman

In Japan you can buy cold beer from vending machines on the street.  The U.S. is the only country in the world where the minimum drinking age is 21. 

mikefam

anybody around the college out there in Keene???   there must be hundreds of persons there directly affected by the drinking age law.  maybe they could be encouraged to attend   ;)

Kat Kanning

Nothing is far from the college in Keene.

FTL_Ian

This would be a great way to get youth involved in NHFree.com.  The drinking age should be abolished completely.  We should not be afraid to take a principled position.  Drinking ages are nothing more than a semi-prohibition.  The forbidden fruit aspect attracts young people.  We'd probably have less alcoholism if we had no drinking age.

Dave Ridley

any objections if i go ahead and schedule a protest on our calendar?   need details regarding who what where when

Need to find out if he is cool with us doing this.  can someone send me his contact info ?

sign ideas:

19-year-olds aren't minors

we support Joe Bendzinski

Joe Bendzinski is not alone

Councilman Bendzinski  is not alone

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Rocketman on August 13, 2005, 01:44 PM NHFT
In Japan you can buy cold beer from vending machines on the street.? The U.S. is the only country in the world where the minimum drinking age is 21.?

hey you guys could do that with your beer here in NH .... or we could just sell it out of our vehicle near the college

Dave Ridley

If nothing else I will go by his store and maybe start shopping there because of this.

Romy's Market
89 Marlboro St
Keene, NH 03431-4106 
(603) 352-4421

Dave Ridley

i've called his business and left a message with my number asking if and how he would like us to support him on the 24th.  Does anyone know time and location for this? And is it a hearing , an arraignment, a trial or what?