• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

ImpeachObama.com

Started by William, December 17, 2008, 07:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

William

This domain was registered in July 2004. Was this guy on the radar four years ago? Who ever purchased it took the extra step of keeping themselves anonymous through the Whois Privacy Protection Service. It currently redirects to a Google search page. Hmmmm.

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=impeachobama&tld=com

Pat McCotter

He was the keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention when he was running for Illinois Senate seat.

Barack Obama - 2004 Democratic Convention Keynote (1/2)

Barack Obama - 2004 Democratic Convention Keynote (2/2)

Lloyd Danforth

Nastradamus could have made 'big bucks' buying up web addresses!

Kat Kanning

Senators can be impeached, no?

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Kat "Help I've Been Barskeyed" Kanning on December 18, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT

Unknown.

From Wikipedia Impeachment article:

Officials subject to impeachment

The central question regarding the Constitutional dispute about the impeachment of members of the legislature is this: Are members of Congress "officers" of the United States? The Constitution grants to the House the power to impeach "The President, the Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States." [2] Many believe firmly that Members of Congress are not "officers of the United States." [5]. Others, however, believe that Members are civil Officers and are subject to impeachment.

The House of Representatives did impeach a Senator once[6], Senator William Blount. The senate expelled Senator Blount and, after initially hearing his impeachment, dismissed the charges for lack of jurisdiction[7]. Left unsettled was the question "Are members of Congress civil officers of the United States?" The House has never impeached a Member of Congress after Blount and, as each House has the authority to expel their own members—without involving the other chamber; expulsion has been the method used for removing Members of Congress.

Jefferson's Manual, which is integral to the House rules, states that impeachment is set in motion by: charges made on the floor; charges preferred by a memorial; a Member's resolution referred to a committee; a message from the President; charges transmitted from the legislature of a State or territory or from a grand jury; or from facts developed and reported by an investigating committee of the House. It further states that a proposition to impeach is a question of high privilege in the House and at once supersedes business otherwise in order under the rules governing the order of business.

It is hosted by fabulous.com which appears to be mostly a cybersquatter - they claim to have a list of 500,000 websites for sale. ImpeachObama.com is not one of them, though - but was likely registered just in case he was ever elected president. There is also an impeachmccain.com, impeachhuckabee.com, and I suspect dozens more like that, all registered by random hopefuls.

William

Quote from: www on December 18, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT
It is hosted by fabulous.com which appears to be mostly a cybersquatter - they claim to have a list of 500,000 websites for sale. ImpeachObama.com is not one of them, though - but was likely registered just in case he was ever elected president. There is also an impeachmccain.com, impeachhuckabee.com, and I suspect dozens more like that, all registered by random hopefuls.

If that were the case, then they hit the lotto. Why isn't it up for auction? Why redirect it to a google search page with info friendly to Obama?

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Kat "Help I've Been Barskeyed" Kanning on December 18, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT
US Con Article ONE Section Five...

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

Josh

Obama's people probably registered it, simply to keep anyone else from doing so.

William

Quote from: Josh on December 19, 2008, 12:01 PM NHFT
Obama's people probably registered it, simply to keep anyone else from doing so.

That was my theory also.

Quote from: William on December 19, 2008, 12:47 PM NHFT

That was my theory also.
Not likely, judging from the fact that there is an impeach xyz for every possible candidate. Keeping someone from using that domain doesn't keep you from getting impeached. For years whitehouse.com was a sex site. Now it is an unused link to real estate and mortgages.

William

Quote from: www on December 19, 2008, 08:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: William on December 19, 2008, 12:47 PM NHFT

That was my theory also.
Not likely, judging from the fact that there is an impeach xyz for every possible candidate. Keeping someone from using that domain doesn't keep you from getting impeached. For years whitehouse.com was a sex site. Now it is an unused link to real estate and mortgages.

Of course keeping the domain doesn't keep someone from getting impeached however anyone who was not an Obama supporter would

1. be looking to cash in right now
2. not redirect the link to pro Obama information.

Sam A. Robrin

Impeach is another of those words that people often think they know the definition of, but don't.  It doesn't mean "to remove from office."

William

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 19, 2008, 11:10 PM NHFT
Impeach is another of those words that people often think they know the definition of, but don't.  It doesn't mean "to remove from office."

I've been impeaching Bush for years. For all the good it's done.