• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

So I was sick last week and I couldn't sleep especially because I just went to

Started by Raineyrocks, March 27, 2009, 09:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

the dentist and my tooth was hurting worse than before I went. ::)   I started to finally nod off at the computer and then made the horrible mistake of turning on a re-broadcast of The Alex Jones Show.   I like him but usually only listen once in awhile when he's being calm and level headed, which isn't much.

HOLY MOLY!  I wonder if there's an E between the L and the Y.  :-\  Okay, back on subject, according to Alex the world was going to hell in a hand basket, (I think that's what it's called), he was screaming MAYDAY, MAYDAY. 

I'll tell you what my eyes popped wide open and instead of doing the smart thing and turning him off I got pulled into listening and by the time the sun started coming up I felt like I needed to order 20,000 cans of storable food, shovel a safe room, and maybe even end it all before "THEY" did it for me.

I'm started to become even more convinced that he's right about some stuff but that he is really fear mongering, what do you think?

David

Yes he's right and he's fear mongering.  You can spend your life preparing for every conceivable disaster.  And most of them will never happen.  He is a media guy and suspense and drama sell.  Think Y2k.  I knew a banker who was scared as to what could happen.  So the consequences could have been painful.  But in the end virtually nothing bad happened.  There was a huge amount of fear, and this led to a great deal of preparation, which led them to be ready.  But all the survivalist stuff was overkill. 
I believe there will be a nuclear war in my lifetime.  But the only sure way in my opinion to be safe is to get as far a way from the northern hemisphere as possible, but I am in no hurry to move to south America.  I cannot allow myself to be dominated by the fear of what could happen.   :)  Hope your toothache feels better. 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: David on March 30, 2009, 12:36 PM NHFT
Yes he's right and he's fear mongering.  You can spend your life preparing for every conceivable disaster.  And most of them will never happen.  He is a media guy and suspense and drama sell.  Think Y2k.  I knew a banker who was scared as to what could happen.  So the consequences could have been painful.  But in the end virtually nothing bad happened.  There was a huge amount of fear, and this led to a great deal of preparation, which led them to be ready.  But all the survivalist stuff was overkill. 
I believe there will be a nuclear war in my lifetime.  But the only sure way in my opinion to be safe is to get as far a way from the northern hemisphere as possible, but I am in no hurry to move to south America.  I cannot allow myself to be dominated by the fear of what could happen.   :)  Hope your toothache feels better. 

Oh my gosh, did you ever hear the Alex Jone's archived broadcast of Y2K?   I did a few months ago and that really got me thinking along the lines of him being a fear mongerer.

I think there will be a nuclear war in my lifetime too but I doubt there's anywhere to go, why South America?  Just curious.  :) 

I was starting to let fear take over my entire life and it almost cost me some good relationships, who wants to listen to terror everytime they talk to me?  I then made a choice too and anyone can die anytime it doesn't have to be a nuclear war, it could be crossing the street.  So I decided to try my best, (being paranoid at heart anyway), to enjoy the time I am guaranteed which is this exact second.

Thanks, now the same tooth is still bothering me that the dentist just filled, so I go back this Thursday!  ::)

David

All nukes that I know of are in the northern hemisphere, and so are anyone likely to be targeted.  No one is going to use a nuke on Chile, or Argentina.  Besides, I might get a free ride there courtesy of the border patrol gestapo, by pretending to be an Argentina national.   >:D