• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fun With Math

Started by Lloyd Danforth, December 02, 2009, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I know we are all waiting for the next shoe to drop over the big Tiger Woods weekend story :P
I just heard that he would be fined 180 bucks for driving poorly. Assuming he had the billion invested and averages 5% per year, he can pay two fines and have $20.00 left over every minute of the day!
Your math may vary.

cathleeninnh

I don't even know what that was all about and we were within reach of a tv. Something about crashing his suv at midnight.

Lloyd Danforth

You have to turn it on!  I spen a few days over the weekend where the box is always on.  Usually cable news.  It was all Tiger and the 'state dinner crashers', all the time.

cathleeninnh

For a few days we were at my son's with the granddaughter. I now know all about Go Diego Go! and who Yo Gabba Gabba is. Then we went to my Dad's with no tv but a lot of yelling as he is pretty deaf.

Home is blessedly quiet. I can listen to the wood stove from the next room and know when to go add wood.

Cathleen

WithoutAPaddle

If Bill Gates comes across a hundred dollar bill in his path, he shouldn't bend over to pick it up, because if he instead just keeps doing whatever he is otherwise doing, he makes money faster than that.

He and I have about $80 billion between us.

When Ross Perot was being ridiculed for spending so many millions of dollars on his 1992 Presidential campaign, Bill Buckley pointed out that if Perot just took the money he had received from General Motors stock buy-out and invested it in guaranteed financial instruments, he'd still have more money at the end of his campaign than he had at its beginning.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

MengerFan

Mathematicians often confuse Halloween and Christmas because OCT 31 = DEC 25.

Lloyd Danforth

Probably why I flunked Algebra a couple of times.

Pat K

He was 2 over par getting out of the drive way.