• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

CNHT 12th Annual Taxpayer Picnic w/PJ ORourke

Started by CNHT, July 07, 2010, 11:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

For Immediate Release...

Coalition of NH Taxpayers
8 North Main Street
Concord NH 03301
(603) 471-0138

12th ANNUAL COALITION OF NH TAXPAYERS PICNIC TO FEATURE P.J. O'ROURKE
Federal Candidates to Speak at Taxpayer Event with Grassroots Groups

HILLSBOROUGH, NH — CNHT is pleased to announce that  P.J. O'Rourke, political humorist, journalist, and NH resident, will make a guest appearance at their 12th Annual Taxpayer Reunion Picnic.

P.J. O'Rourke has been making fun of politics for 40 years.  He is the author of "Parliament of Whores -- A Lone Humorist Attempts to Explain the Entire U.S. Government" and the forthcoming book of political theory, "Don't Vote -- It Just Encourages the Bastards".  He is currently a contributing editor at The Weekly Standard.

The Coalition of NH Taxpayers, NH's foremost taxpayer advocacy group, will hold its 12th Annual Taxpayer Reunion Picnic on Saturday, July 10th from 12PM - 3:00PM at the Hillsborough American Legion #59, 538 West Main Street, Hillsborough, NH 03244.

As this is an election year, Candidates for Governor, US Senate and US Congress will speak, and a straw poll will be taken. Many State candidates and grassroots groups will be in attendance. State candidates will have an opportunity to take the traditional CNHT "Taxpayer Protection Pledge".

"This is an opportunity to mingle and mix with like-minded activists while meeting the candidates up close as well as a rare opportunity to hear Mr O'Rourke speak in person about his impressions of the growing conservative grassroots movement in NH, and across the country," said Ed Naile, CNHT Chairman.

Cost is $15/person for cookout fare, children 12 and under free, and the building is air conditioned.
Space is limited. Tickets may be obtained on the web at: http://www.cnht.org/picnic2010.php
For more information email: webmaster@cnht.org or call (603) 471-0138 during normal business hours.

Lloyd Danforth

CNHT

Hey Lloyd, let's put it this way, I'm MUCH better today now that I had a night's sleep in relatively COOL air... :-)

It was really a great time Saturday, I had along talk with PJ on the phone and I loved how his speech was geared to all politicians stink and the people are speaking louder 'as it should be'!!!! (Because you know how hard it is to keep a crowd quiet to listen to speakers, they all want to talk to each other, which is usually the purpose of the CNHT wing ding!)

Anyway, he is just thrilled to see so much going on in the state where he lives.

I'll have to come up some time again and visit my attack rooster.. HEHE. Tim parks his truck in a nearby town now, so no need to drive him to Grafton when he arrives at the airport, but Rosalie invited me up for pot luck. Maybe I will take some time for myself eventually and take her up on it!

John seems to be doing well, thank God.

Kat: the forum looks great!

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: CNHT on July 11, 2010, 09:39 PM NHFT
Great day! PJ ORourke was dumping on both parties and all politicians... in his usual fashion.
He loved our motley crew..

Yes, thank you so much for having him speak at the event.  It was wonderful to see him say what he said to that crowd.