• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

State Rep: "Fill these empty jail beds!"

Started by KBCraig, October 22, 2010, 01:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Officials+pushing+to+fill+youth+detention+center&articleId=9bc16b51-e568-475d-92cb-292653adbea3

MANCHESTER – With New Hampshire's only state-run juvenile detention center less than half full, a lawmaker warned Thursday that officials have to find a way to fill the empty beds.
State Rep. Pat Dowling, R-Derry, spoke at the John H. Sununu Youth Center, where an ad-hoc committee held a public hearing on its recommendation that the state Women's Prison not be moved to the center.

Dowling said officials considered the center for a women's prison because its census is so low.

"What do we do with all this empty space?" Dowling said. "If we don't want the women's prison here, we must fill these pods."

Kat Kanning

AntonLee

maybe he should volunteer up his own family.

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Here's an idea... How about filling them with politicians, bureaucrats, judges and police. Charge them all rent proportional to their current salary (including pension), close & lock the door, then just walk away!

>:D

And while they're at it they could have even more space by leaving the kids alone (let them OUT!) after they take them off of all the Ritalin, Prozac, etc they've got them drugged up on!

>:D >:D

John

Russell Kanning

CJS

Roycerson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 29, 2010, 06:25 AM NHFT
what a strange insider term
pods

I never questioned it's use when I was inside one.  Seemed accurate to me.