• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moderators, can you delete this thread?

Started by littlehawk, January 29, 2011, 07:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Roycerson

I was thinking more along the lines of if you remove moisture from the atmosphere at point x and add condensation nucleii how does that effect temperature pressure and dew point when that air mass arrives at point Y?  How does that change effect the weather at point Y?  Is there a lake at point Y which loses moisture to the air mass that it otherwise wouldn't have?  If so how does the evaporative cooling effect that lake and it's wildlife?  How does that change at point Y effect point Z And about 1 billion other questions too numerable to be calculated.

Oh, there I go losing Karma for talking about weather modification again.

Apologies, weather modification does not has not and will never happen.  Any chemicals not introduced to the environment or changes not made will not effect anything at all ever and I don't care what the Russians don't claim they have done or services not offered by companies who do not specialize in weather modification will never have any effect on anything else for ever and ever.... Amen.

MaineShark

Quote from: littlehawk on February 01, 2011, 05:48 PM NHFT
QuoteThe chemicals used are not dangerous to me, so it does not threaten my health or safety.
That is an interesting claim Joe and thank you. Can you list all the different chemicals they are using for cloud seeding?

Silver iodide and dry ice are the primary ones.  I believe some other rapid-cooling technologies have been used, as well, but that's hardly worth mentioning since the chemicals used evaporate, and do not fall with the rain.

Of course, cloud seeding is only used on a small scale, anyway, like dispersing fog.  It has as little chance of creating a major rainstorm as does a voodoo chant.

Silver iodide exhibits low toxicity in high doses, and no measurable toxicity in the minute doses that even large-scale cloud seeding would release.  Industrial sources release orders of magnitude more than even a pie-in-the-sky cloud seeding scheme could hope to.

Joe

MaineShark

Quote from: Roycerson on February 01, 2011, 06:07 PM NHFTI was thinking more along the lines of if you remove moisture from the atmosphere at point x and add condensation nucleii how does that effect temperature pressure and dew point when that air mass arrives at point Y?  How does that change effect the weather at point Y?  Is there a lake at point Y which loses moisture to the air mass that it otherwise wouldn't have?  If so how does the evaporative cooling effect that lake and it's wildlife?  How does that change at point Y effect point Z And about 1 billion other questions too numerable to be calculated.

None of which has anything to do with supposed toxic chemicals.

Anyway, you can't cause enough of a change to have any meaningful effect on the planet.  Cloud seeding has about as much effect on the environment as snowmaking at ski resorts.

Joe

Roycerson

Quote from: MaineShark on February 01, 2011, 07:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Roycerson on February 01, 2011, 06:07 PM NHFTI was thinking more along the lines of if you remove moisture from the atmosphere at point x and add condensation nucleii how does that effect temperature pressure and dew point when that air mass arrives at point Y?  How does that change effect the weather at point Y?  Is there a lake at point Y which loses moisture to the air mass that it otherwise wouldn't have?  If so how does the evaporative cooling effect that lake and it's wildlife?  How does that change at point Y effect point Z And about 1 billion other questions too numerable to be calculated.

None of which has anything to do with supposed toxic chemicals.

Anyway, you can't cause enough of a change to have any meaningful effect on the planet.  Cloud seeding has about as much effect on the environment as snowmaking at ski resorts.

Joe

1.  Cloudseeding IS snowmaking at ski resorts so you're spot on there.

2. This thread is about weather modification not toxic chemicals.

C.  You don't know that.  No one does. 

D.  Causing precipitation in one place absolutely positively without a doubt WILL effect things like pressure, temperature, winds.  (.)  Which WILL effect weather in other places and WILL have rippling effects.  It can't not.  What a completely preposterous thing to deny.

5.  If you can't explain exactly what those effects will be, well, welcome to the club.  If you think you can, you're an idiot.

6.  3 more karma points? since I last mentioned it?  FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

oh yeah.... and what do you mean cloud "seeding" is used to 'disperse' fog.  That's completely moronic.  Fog IS a cloud that sits at ground level.  Can you define the word "seeding"?  You know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what you're saying.

Russell Kanning

yea .... they are definitely doing it right now. The snowy mountain australia experiments are ongoing
and you have to be right royce .... it might make some changes and it might be hard to know what exactly is all happening

littlehawk

Joe, read all my posts. You are looking real bad...reaaaaallll baaaaaad.

MaineShark

Quote from: Roycerson on February 01, 2011, 07:32 PM NHFT1.  Cloudseeding IS snowmaking at ski resorts so you're spot on there.

Um, no, snowmakers spray water into the air.  They don't seed existing clouds.

Quote from: Roycerson on February 01, 2011, 07:32 PM NHFT2. This thread is about weather modification not toxic chemicals.

I don't care about weather modification, if it doesn't harm me.

Quote from: Roycerson on February 01, 2011, 07:32 PM NHFTC.  You don't know that.  No one does.

I don't know what?

Quote from: Roycerson on February 01, 2011, 07:32 PM NHFTD.  Causing precipitation in one place absolutely positively without a doubt WILL effect things like pressure, temperature, winds.  (.)  Which WILL effect weather in other places and WILL have rippling effects.  It can't not.  What a completely preposterous thing to deny.

5.  If you can't explain exactly what those effects will be, well, welcome to the club.  If you think you can, you're an idiot.

Actually, the so-called "butterfly effect" is pseudo-scientific nonsense.  It makes a good plot point in movies, but it's fiction, just like the rest of the film.  Weather is largely based upon interlocking, negative-feedback systems.  Negative-feedback is internally stable, and you can't set up "rippling effects" in a stable system; it will correct itself and cancel the "ripples."  That's why weebles wobble, but they don't fall down.

Quote from: Roycerson on February 01, 2011, 07:32 PM NHFT6.  3 more karma points? since I last mentioned it?  FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

Seems folks must not like your attitude.

Quote from: Roycerson on February 01, 2011, 07:32 PM NHFToh yeah.... and what do you mean cloud "seeding" is used to 'disperse' fog.  That's completely moronic.  Fog IS a cloud that sits at ground level.  Can you define the word "seeding"?  You know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what you're saying.

Should I use small words?

Yes, fog is a cloud.  If you seed it, it converts to rain.  Hey, look, now the ground is wet, and the fog is gone.

If you're going to call someone moronic, and claim that he knows "absolutely nothing" about something, you should probably make sure that you aren't completely lacking in knowledge and basic reasoning skills.  Even if you didn't know, ahead of time, how that works, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to reason it out.

Joe

MaineShark

Quote from: littlehawk on February 01, 2011, 08:19 PM NHFTJoe, read all my posts. You are looking real bad...reaaaaallll baaaaaad.

Yeah, it usually looks "reaaaaallll baaaaaad" when someone can explain the science of a simple experiment, and other folks are ranting and running around in circles with their fingers in their ears.  Only it doesn't look "reaaaaallll baaaaaad" for the scientist...

Joe

Lloyd Danforth

I remember I disturbed a Butterfly a day or so before Katrina hit and I have been bumbed out ever since. Thanks Joe. I feel better now.

MaineShark

"Disturbed Butterfly" would be a good name for some sort of organic beer...

Joe