• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ct. supreme court judge apologizes to Susette Kelo; says he was wrong

Started by KBCraig, September 20, 2011, 05:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

I think he owes Lauren Canario an apology too, along with a bunch of other people.

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/hc-op-justice-palmer-apology-20110918,0,5393647.story

....Susette and I were talking in a small circle of people when we were approached by Justice Richard N. Palmer. Tall and imposing, he is one of the four justices who voted with the 4-3 majority against Susette and her neighbors. Facing me, he said: "Had I known all of what you just told us, I would have voted differently."

I was speechless. So was Susette. One more vote in her favor by the Connecticut Supreme Court would have changed history. The case probably would not have advanced to the U.S. Supreme Court, and Susette and her neighbors might still be in their homes.

Then Justice Palmer turned to Susette, took her hand and offered a heartfelt apology. Tears trickled down her red cheeks. It was the first time in the 12-year saga that anyone had uttered the words "I'm sorry."

It was all she could do to whisper the words: "Thank you."

Then Justice Palmer let go of her hand and walked off.

Jim Johnson

Pat K

What the hell did the dumb son of a bitch
have to know?
It was their property, he used force to take it from them.

Jackaloon.

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

CurtHowland

And he ... just ... walked ... away.

THAT is why the judicial system is so RABIDLY FUCKED UP, judges are entirely unaccountable for their rulings.

No matter what that man does, no matter what he says, he still gets his pension.

John

WOW. This dishonorable gangster said back then it was OK to do what they did, and is now saying that given the same information he would still say its OK! AND, he does it with a twisted F#@&ing apology? WFT!

WOW! Thats REALLY F^%$ing ballsy. I think it must take TONS and TONS of practice to be that much of an arrogant thug swine.

The Asshole Song By Jimmy Buffett

Russell Kanning

I was just thinking about all the money this lifelong bureaucrat has stolen and all the pain he has dished out over his lifetime.