• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Room opportunities in/around Keene or Manchester

Started by RichDPhoto, April 26, 2006, 10:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RichDPhoto

I'm looking to move up to the Free State sometime later this year, and am planning a scouting trip in the next few weeks (from around 6 May through the end of the month) to get a feel for how well my photography business might work in the area (see http://www.RichDPhoto.com/ for details) as well as look for work to hold me over while I get the business running -- I'll be more or less re-bootstrapping it when I move up. 

I have skills as a software engineer and UNIX sysadmin -- though they're a bit rusty since my layoff 4 years ago, when I started my photography biz -- I'm willing to do just about any work that pays an honest day's wage for an honest day's work (preferably from an employer who abstains from the federal gubmint's withholding program >:D).

I'll need a place to stay while I'm there, and my budget is about $500- for the month.  If anybody's got a room, or part of a room, available in May, I'd appreciate a shout. :)

If all goes well, I may just stay in NH at the end of this trip, with a couple jaunts back to the Utahrded state to get the rest of my stuff ...

Dreepa

I think that there is another person or two moving to the Keene area.  Maybe you guys couple pitch in and get a house.... probably be cheaper then each getting an apt.

Don't forget

www.pledgebank.com/first1000

dead_hobbit

Hey, another Utahrd on the forum! Awesome!

I'm down in St George, but I'm moving at the end of this month. I'll be heading through Northern Utah on my trip to the Free State (I'll be in Northern Utah on the 24 & 25), so send me a message if you'd like to meet up as I head out.

I, and my friend who is (probably) moving with me, are looking for a place. Maybe we could rent a place together? Call me if you're interested - my phone number is 669-5592. You'll know the area code if you're a Utahn. I might not answer the first time, but leave me a message. I'll be all day until 7pm tommorrow.

Quote from: RichDPhoto on April 26, 2006, 10:50 PM NHFT
I'm looking to move up to the Free State sometime later this year, and am planning a scouting trip in the next few weeks (from around 6 May through the end of the month) to get a feel for how well my photography business might work in the area (see http://www.RichDPhoto.com/ for details) as well as look for work to hold me over while I get the business running -- I'll be more or less re-bootstrapping it when I move up. 

I have skills as a software engineer and UNIX sysadmin -- though they're a bit rusty since my layoff 4 years ago, when I started my photography biz -- I'm willing to do just about any work that pays an honest day's wage for an honest day's work (preferably from an employer who abstains from the federal gubmint's withholding program >:D).

I'll need a place to stay while I'm there, and my budget is about $500- for the month.  If anybody's got a room, or part of a room, available in May, I'd appreciate a shout. :)

If all goes well, I may just stay in NH at the end of this trip, with a couple jaunts back to the Utahrded state to get the rest of my stuff ...

RichDPhoto

I'm hoping to head out this week, actually, assuming I can get the cash together to make the drive.

RichDPhoto

Wooohoooo!  I'm here!

I pulled into Keene late last night.  Now I'm looking for a room to rent for (at least) the rest of the month, and part time employment while I get my photography business up and running here.

I look forward to meeting all the great freedom loving people!

RichDPhoto

Pat K

Russell Kanning

RichDPhoto

Quote from: russellkanning on May 09, 2006, 03:52 PM NHFT
Check the calendar for activities.

I will ... assuming I can find a place to stay ...

KBCraig

Quote from: RichDPhoto on May 09, 2006, 10:07 AM NHFT
Wooohoooo!  I'm here!

You suck!

;D

Congratulations. I look forward to the day when we can say, "We're home!"

Kevin

RichDPhoto

Landed safe and sound, and with a good outlook for my photography biz, too!  Thanks everyone for the help and hospitality!

FTL_Ian

Awesome, now that we have a pro photographer in Keene, I should think the Keene Free Press will start to look really sharp!

RichDPhoto

Happy to help, even though I ended up landing in Hampton Beach ... :D