• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Hypocrisy of Christian Warmongers

Started by tracysaboe, August 11, 2006, 01:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

aries

I almost feel bad calling myself a christian these days because of the negative stigma attached... the prohibitionist, pro-war, intolerant, hateful, spiteful, holier-than-thou persona that many christians adopt.

Braddogg

Quote from: aries on August 11, 2006, 04:38 PM NHFT
I almost feel bad calling myself a christian these days because of the negative stigma attached... the prohibitionist, pro-war, intolerant, hateful, spiteful, holier-than-thou persona that many christians adopt.

The early Christians called themselves followers of The Way.  I've been considering calling myself a follower of Jesus rather than a Christian.  "Christian" has been co-opted by codified and politicized religion (instead of faith).

Caleb

They also called themselves "Christians", beginning in Antioch.  I see no reason to let warmongers co-opt the term.  I am a Christian and proud of it.  Tares may grow among us, Jesus said it would be so.

Caleb

maineiac