• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Town of Exeter - need some feedback, please

Started by mAss Backwards, October 27, 2006, 01:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mAss Backwards

So, we're driving up on Sunday to look at some more properties in the Exeter/Durham area. Saw seven houses earlier this week, but nothing really lit our fire.

What can you folks tell me about Exeter (schools, restaurants, quality of life, kids for my kids to play with, etc.)? I haven't been able to find anyting on line that would raise any red flags and steer me away from there.

Thanks.

- Bruce

BaRbArIaN

Exeter is fine, Durham is very expensive since UNH is there.   Exeter is nice because its local to Portsmouth (also pricey but has a lot of attractions/culture/entertainment etc.) and close enough to the Mass border to shoot down to Boston in 45min-1hr. if you want (tho I avoid it if possible for multiple reasons).

Kat Kanning

You might message AlanM about Exeter.  He lives there and I hear he's fed up with the place.

AlanM

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 27, 2006, 07:27 PM NHFT
You might message AlanM about Exeter.  He lives there and I hear he's fed up with the place.

AlanM here. I grew up in Exeter and have lived here, for most of my 55 years.
I  t is a picturesque town, without a doubt. PEA is a nice thing to have in town, with their cultural activities and their great library.
  Exeter's schools used to be among the best in the state. Now they just cost vast amounts of money and serve as drug breeding grounds. You can get any drug you want in Exeter schools. The new area High School cost 32 million dollars and it has cameras everywhere.
  Exeter is now yuppie heaven. 'nuff said.
  I plan on leaving Exeter soon, and I say good riddance.
  The entire seacoast area sucks, IMHO.
  Alan