• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New opportunity to spread the word via NewHampshire.com

Started by KBCraig, September 28, 2006, 01:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

In a Union Leader article today, there's an announcement that NewHampshire.com has undergone a makeover, and added new features.

Here's the interesting part for those looking to post important local news:

http://cs.newhampshire.com/

QuoteWe provide Your Neighborhood News from our affiliated print newspapers, but more importantly we are a forum for New Hampshire residents to share news about themselves, their families and the issues that are important to them.

Did you attend an important community meeting or event? Was your child in a school play or soccer game? Did you or someone in your family receive an award or celebrate an important milestone? Tell us about it with stories and pictures. This is news that should be shared, and we want to help you share it.

To post a story, comment or photo to Your Neighborhood News, you must be a registered user of NewHampshire.com. As a registered user, you get your own:

* Screen Name. This online identity will let you participate in forums and post comments to contributions from other members of Your Neighborhood.

* Blogs. This is the place you will share your own news stories and opinions.

* Photo Gallery. Share photos of local events, scenic skylines, or family vacations. (But please, be kind. No one wants to see photos of your Uncle Leo in his Speedo at Hampton Beach last summer.)

* When you post a story, comment, or photo on NewHampshire.com, it may also appear in an upcoming edition of one of our affiliated publications. If you are interested in becoming a regular contributor to our site, contact Katie McQuaid.

Be Responsible (a.k.a., Don't Be a Jerk)

It's Your Neighborhood; contribute what you want, but please remember to be a responsible contributor. We ask that you provide true, honest and accurate information. We at NewHampshire.com will not monitor the content posted to our site, but we turn to you, the online community, to report information that is rude, vulgar, discriminatory, or offensive in any way. We reserve the right to remove any objectionable contributions. Please read our User Agreement for more information.

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 28, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT
Interesting.  Internet effecting print media.

The UL has blended their print and online presence better than any paper I've seen. I think McQuaid "gets it".

Dave Ridley

Wow...looks like they are raking in over fifteen new members a day...that's seven times as fast as our join rate.   

If they can keep their momentum up maybe in a few months they will be able to overtake us as "most active NH web forum"

CNHT

From the site:

"Our events calendar is comprehensive and will find you perusing Old Home Days and rock and roll shows, community barbecues and NASCAR Races."

What copycats, LOL

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 29, 2006, 08:58 PM NHFT
Wow...looks like they are raking in over fifteen new members a day...that's seven times as fast as our join rate.   

If they can keep their momentum up maybe in a few months they will be able to overtake us as "most active NH web forum"

Nah, because we'll just keep cross-posting and promoting the Underground.  :evil6:

KBCraig

I just received a $5 gift card to Irving Oil in the mail, as a thank you for signing up with newhampshire.com

I can't use it down here in Texas, so I just dropped it in the mail to LSF.

Kevin

CNHT