• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Can you imagine

Started by Rosie the Riveter, November 29, 2006, 02:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

Can you imagine thinking it is a good idea to call the cops when.......

Mom enlists aid of police to rouse sleepy student
By RUSS CHOMA
Union Leader Correspondent
14 hours, 34 minutes ago

Londonderry ? Monday morning is often trying for students and parents, but faced with one particularly stubborn student, a Londonderry mom called for backup.

Police Officer Kim Bernard responded to a 6:58 a.m. report of a young man who simply refused to get up and go to school.

"Mother called -- advised her son Rob C. is refusing to get out of bed and go to school today," the police log reads.

At 7:14 a.m., Officer Bernard arrived at the residence and encountered the suspect.

"I got Robbie out of his bed and advised him that it was in his best interest to get dressed and ready to go, ASAP," Officer Bernard wrote in his report.

Three minutes later at 7:17 a.m., the log reports: "Son is in his mother's car, on his way."

"The child definitely, apparently, gets the picture," Londonderry Police Capt. William Hart said yesterday.

Brock

Hunh.  My mom would've dumped a pitcher of ice water on me.  Seems much less harsh.

Rocketman

Groan, grumble, argh, sheesh, ick, etc.....

Kat Kanning

David

In a lot of areas, the gov't threatens fines and potential arrest to parents of kids who are hooky or always late. 

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: fsp-ohio on November 29, 2006, 09:41 PM NHFT
In a lot of areas, the gov't threatens fines and potential arrest to parents of kids who are hooky or always late. 

Yup, Gotta love Compulsory Attendance....

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/allinone/193-1.htm

Michael Fisher

We'll have to form organized rescue squads to hand out literature to children on their way to school each day.

Maybe we could call it the "Jailbreak Project".  :)

KBCraig

The mentality of "police as parents" seems to be spreading.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/cp_K120511AU.xml.html

South Carolina mother has son arrested for playing with Christmas present
Dec 05 10:00 PM US/Eastern

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - A fed-up mother had her 12-year-old son arrested for allegedly rummaging through his great-grandmother's things and playing with his Christmas present early.

The mother called police Sunday after learning her son had disobeyed orders and repeatedly taken a Game Boy from its hiding place at his grandmother's house next door and played with it. He was arrested on petty larceny charges, taken to the local police station in handcuffs and held until his mother picked him up after church.

"My grandmother went out of her way to lay away a toy and paid on this thing for months," said the boy's mother, Brandi Ervin.

"It was only to teach my son a lesson. He's been going through life doing things...and getting away with it."

Police did not release the boy's name.

The mother said her son was diagnosed in the last year with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder but his medicine does not seem to help.

She said he faces an expulsion hearing at his school Wednesday. Rock Hill Police Capt. Mark Bollinger said the boy took a swing at a police officer assigned to the school last month. He has been suspended from school since then.

The boy's case will be presented to Department of Juvenile Justice officials in York County, who will decide what happens to him, Bollinger said. His mother hopes he can attend a program that will finally scare him straight.

"It's not even about the Christmas present," she said.

"I only want positive things out of it...There's no need for him to act this way. I'd rather call myself than someone else call for him doing something worse than this."

Atlas

You gotta love it when your own parents snitch on you. People are apparently part of the state first and foremost, and part of their family secondly

Atlas

Quote from: castle_chaser on November 29, 2006, 02:02 PM NHFT
Can you imagine thinking it is a good idea to call the cops when.......

Mom enlists aid of police to rouse sleepy student
By RUSS CHOMA
Union Leader Correspondent
14 hours, 34 minutes ago

Londonderry ? Monday morning is often trying for students and parents, but faced with one particularly stubborn student, a Londonderry mom called for backup.

Police Officer Kim Bernard responded to a 6:58 a.m. report of a young man who simply refused to get up and go to school.

"Mother called -- advised her son Rob C. is refusing to get out of bed and go to school today," the police log reads.

At 7:14 a.m., Officer Bernard arrived at the residence and encountered the suspect.

"I got Robbie out of his bed and advised him that it was in his best interest to get dressed and ready to go, ASAP," Officer Bernard wrote in his report.

Three minutes later at 7:17 a.m., the log reports: "Son is in his mother's car, on his way."

"The child definitely, apparently, gets the picture," Londonderry Police Capt. William Hart said yesterday.
These folks must be originally from MA

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Rebel on December 06, 2006, 12:34 PM NHFT
These folks must be originally from MA

That's a good one... LOL