• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Police Prepared To Arrest 3,000 At '08 RNC

Started by Kat Kanning, April 19, 2007, 09:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: LiveFree on April 19, 2007, 10:15 AM NHFT
Hopefully the St. Paul's sheriffs office gets several multi-million dollar lessons in NOT trampling people's Constitutional right to free speech and to petition the government for redress of grievances if they do indeed arrest people simply for exercising their rights.

Trouble is the RNC has nothing to do with their 'grievances' so why bother protesting this party any more than you'd protest the DNC for the huge war funding bill they just passed?

CNHT

error

Yeah, well, then I read Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man. (And puked all over again.)

CNHT

Quote from: error on April 20, 2007, 06:06 AM NHFT
Yeah, well, then I read Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man. (And puked all over again.)

You mean the same Michael Moore who claims he owns no stocks but definitely owns stock in Halliburton?  ;)

CNHT

Quote from: error on April 20, 2007, 10:19 AM NHFT
Yeah, that guy.

Ooh you are up! I just sent you email about a Ron Paul article.

TylerM

Would it be a bad idea for there to be an armed civilian security force to protect the protestors?  ???

Anyone know where to get a few grosses of Mikhail Kalashnikov's old 1947 models?

Quantrill

QuoteWould it be a bad idea for there to be an armed civilian security force to protect the protestors?

:icon_pirat:

penguins4me

Quote from: TylerM on April 20, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT
Would it be a bad idea for there to be an armed civilian security force to protect the protestors?  ???

Anyone know where to get a few grosses of Mikhail Kalashnikov's old 1947 models?

Vector Arms assembles some nice Polish-made models for a reasonable price ($500-ish).

"WASR" models and others are of inferior quality, but can save buyers a couple hundred bucks per each or so - ask your friendly local dealer! :)

For those on a budget, SKS rifles are an option: 10-round fixed magazines which hold the same types of ammo as an AK. These go "new" from $150-200+ bucks.

TylerM

I have an SKS on order. Always seems the money could be best spent elsewhere, but I plan to pick it up soon. And the one I'm ordering can swap out mags for an extra twenty rounds.

Our line of thinking here might not be a great thing. :P

penguins4me

While I'm sure that, initially, the comments about an armed civilian security force was a joke, it is almost assured that the day will come when it will no longer be a joke.

On that note, I've personally found, and had others also confirm, that the add-on mags for any SKS (aside from the paratrooper model which accepts *standard* AK-47 mags) which replace the fixed 10-round mag with a 20 or 30 round "detachable" mag to be total crap and not worth any asking price as the recoil spring which powers the bolt is almost never strong enough to successfully feed rounds without jamming.
As with any defensive firearm, be sure to test your final system (weapons + mags + ammo) for reliability before depending on it - the rule of thumb is usually "200 rounds of your regular serious use ammo without a single failure" to be counted as reliable enough.

On topic: I'm shocked that police would act in such a manner and I'm shocked that that number of non-violent people would remain non-violent in the face of such grevious travesties (even if they aren't on the level as other atrocities in the world, they're still damned serious). Perhaps not to the level of violence of meting out lethal force, but certainly to the point of rallying a large group to simply swarm over/past the oppressors, cutting up/down plastic fences, tearing down/climbing over chain link fences, breaking plastic cuffs, etc. Grr.

TylerM

NOTE: The one I was looking at was the paratrooper model.

Ja, that was a tongue-in-cheek statement, however it is becoming a reality. How long is it, until it will take an overwhelming show of second amendment power to allow our non-violent allies to exercise their first amendment rights?