• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Why... Am I brainwashed?

Started by lordmetroid, March 02, 2007, 07:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: lordmetroid on March 03, 2007, 03:25 AM NHFT
I am 23 or in 20 or so days 24... Yikes, I am old too! Yeah, my plan is to get a work even though I don't emotionally want to work at the moment. I know I need money to be able to move. So I am trying to get some money from whatever source possible. After that fix a working visa, rent an appartement and fly over to New Hampshire to try to get a work there.

Huh..you think you're old? Talk to Lloyd.  ;)

aries

Everyone has different opinions on these issues.

Don't let others or even your own opinions interfere with your happiness. In all honesty, if it is causing you undue stress to think the way you do, analyze if you truly want to think about such things at all. It is better to be ignorant and happy than informed and depressed, because you only have one life to live, you may as well be happy.

David

You and I are so alike.  Im 25, and was moderately successful as an assistant manager in a restuarant.  But do not like it anymore( used to love it) My mother also said I was brainwashed.  It was very rare for me to find anyone who agrees with me, ever, except here.  There are so many things I would love to do, but have never had the money, or the organization skills to do the big projects that I am interested in.  I'm basically broke.  If I sold everything I have, I think I would still owe a little bit more.  The biggest reason I decided to move in the middle of winter was because I couldn't stand living around people who had no concern for others.  This was obvious anytime I would talk about some injustice that I thought was horrible.  I was frequently as depressed and angry as you sound.  I don't know what to tell you.  I became very active on this board a little more than 6 months ago.  I was tired of other people.  My anger became my motivation to do something.  So I did, I moved in the middle of winter 800 miles.  Driving.  I hate driving 800 miles.
I found a place to live in manchester,  I'm working at a temporary employment place, working at night primarily, but earning money. 
By the way, if you speak english as well as you type english, you should be able to get a job relatively easily.  My suggestion is to get a job, any job.  I generally love my work, and take pride in doing a good job.  I have no higher education.  But it gives me a schedule, and a focus, and one day one of the big projects that I want to do is to have my own business, and the job provides various skills and ideas that will be usefull down the road.   :)

cyberdoo78

David, I feel ya brother. And I'm moving, no if ands or buts about it. I can't take it anymore living like this is killing me, I too am young and only 29. My story is the same as yours, broke, angry, depressed, and I'm not going to take it anymore. So I'm moving to where everyone knows me because they are like me, and wants to talk to me because we have alot of views in common.

My plan is the same as yours, find a job, any job and work to build a better place for my family and me.

I say to everyone that a place isn't important if you are a virtual slave by living there. I say, stop, drop, and drive if you have to. Most of my family disagrees with us and some have turned their back on us for deciding that liberty is more important then just existing. I'm tired of their complaining and whining and yet doing nothing to change it.

error

Some people come to like their slavery. It's quite sad. There's not much you can do except to get up and show them a better way, lead by example.

David

Cyberdoo78, when you move, let us here know, and we will be glad to help you move in.   :)

cyberdoo78

Quote from: David on April 23, 2007, 01:04 PM NHFT
Cyberdoo78, when you move, let us here know, and we will be glad to help you move in.   :)

Yeah, I'll post it on the calendar for all of NH to see. Won't be much of a move in though. We are traveling with all of the belongings that will fit in a 2004 Chevy Caviler. Which isn't much. We will have a pizza party with some beer, providing I can get some Alaskan Amber there in NH. If you -really- want to help, I'll need it in 5 years when I start to build my own home.

God I'll miss that if you don't have it.

Pat McCotter

Where can I purchase Alaskan beer?
Alaskan beer is available in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, California, Arizona and Nevada. For those outside our distribution area who yearn for a "taste of Alaska," you may contact the following:

Check out Liquid Solutions. They can send any amount, but they recommend a case or more to even out shipping.

In addition, Annie's Market in Seattle can also ship beer. Call (360) 262-0660 for information. These folks have been shipping our beer for a number of years so check them out!

Belmont Station in Oregon will ship beer to friends and longtime customers, but they ship only via "common carrier" (i.e. not FedEx or UPS). Please note that there is a five-case minimum and the shipping costs can be substantial. Call (503) 232-8538.

For folks in California - Beverages & More can ship within California only. They carry Alaskan Amber, Pale and ESB.

We ?ve fielded many calls from our fans in Colorado. If you are up for a road trip, visit Casper, Wyoming. Check out Liquor Shed on Second Street (307) 237-7110, Poplar Wines & Liquors on West Collins Drive (307) 473-9463 or Bi-Rite Liquor at 428 S. Durbin (307) 265-1914.

Crocuta

How's the microbrew market in NH?