• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Help Kat and Russell clarify the forum rules

Started by MaineShark, May 27, 2007, 09:32 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

As I stated in the other thread where this "meeting" was mentioned --

I vehemently support Kat's reasonable request of decorum on the forum.

Dreepa

Quote from: Rochelle on May 27, 2007, 05:05 PM NHFT

The rule I follow myself for posting loosely follows the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
R have you been talking to my mother?   :D

Crocuta

I haven't been around here for very long, and the rules seem pretty understandable to me.

Don't post about violence towards other people.

Don't post about politics anywhere but the political section, lest Russell accidentally read it and become...annoyed.

Please - it's their forum.  It doesn't belong to the commons.  We're their guests. 

You'd have to be a lawyer or a politician to be able to take what Kat and Russell have said and claim that it's unclear and needs further explaination. 

Just don't start asking what the meaning of "is" is.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Caleb on May 27, 2007, 04:59 PM NHFT

Giving my opinion on something that you didn't ask for my opinion, it has been my experience that "open marriages" rarely result in happiness for those involved in it. I have seen too many people in unhappy "open marriages" ... but different strokes for different folks.

I've been in open relationships and seen a 'bunch' more.  Virtually, none of them last.  It sounds wonderful on a philosophical level, but,seldom holds up to the 'ups and downs' of people's lives and their 'mates' reactions to them.

Dave Ridley

me applaud maineshark  for starting this thread

rules dont work too well but the idea that we need to keep things from degenerating is a sound idea.

eques

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on May 28, 2007, 07:28 AM NHFT
I've been in open relationships and seen a 'bunch' more.  Virtually, none of them last.  It sounds wonderful on a philosophical level, but,seldom holds up to the 'ups and downs' of people's lives and their 'mates' reactions to them.

To badly paraphrase some comedian/famous person:

I wouldn't want to be in an open relationship.  I have a hard enough time pissing off one woman, let alone two.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on May 28, 2007, 08:20 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on May 28, 2007, 07:28 AM NHFT

To badly paraphrase some comedian/famous person:

I wouldn't want to be in an open relationship.  I have a hard enough time pissing off one woman, let alone two.

That's funny James! :)  Rick always tells me he doesn't know what to do with one of me let alone another one.  I've never known anyone in an open relationship so I don't know too much about it but if jealousy comes into play forget it, it's not for me.

MaineShark

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 28, 2007, 07:48 AM NHFTme applaud maineshark  for starting this thread

rules dont work too well but the idea that we need to keep things from degenerating is a sound idea.

Thank you.  As I've said, I hope we can all find a way to focus on our similarities rather than our differences.

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on May 28, 2007, 08:20 AM NHFTTo badly paraphrase some comedian/famous person:

The flip side is that if you don't expect one other person to fulfill every need you have, you're less likely to get pissed off at that person.

Joe

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MaineShark on May 28, 2007, 01:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 28, 2007, 07:48 AM NHFTme applaud maineshark  for starting this thread

Thank you.  As I've said, I hope we can all find a way to focus on our similarities rather than our differences.

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on May 28, 2007, 08:20 AM NHFTTo badly paraphrase some comedian/famous person:

The flip side is that if you don't expect one other person to fulfill every need you have, you're less likely to get pissed off at that person.

Joe
''

See that's what I do I totally expect Rick to fulfill my every need and he still pisses me off. 8)

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on May 28, 2007, 10:08 AM NHFT

This is obviously the only place anything is going to be discussed on the subject.  So far--- respect for vehement decorum appears to winning....   ::)

Imagine that --vehement decorum .. I like it

AmerTownCrier

Quote from: CaveDog on May 27, 2007, 01:20 PM NHFT
Where's the question? Kat and Russel provide this forum and have to deal with any problems caused by it. That alone gives them all the right they need to moderate as they see fit.
Cavedog...that pretty much sums it up. I used to get upset when I heard things said like, "everybody is entitled to their position/opinion". Well, true enough...but only on their website...not somebody elses. I wish there was even tighter control...because it's so easy to lose focus on what's important when you let anybody say anything.
However, having said that...I'm on my way to NH and will be there in time for PorcFest...so who needs the web when I can talk with the Individuals. :)

Kat Kanning

Quote from: AmerTownCrier on May 29, 2007, 01:35 PM NHFT
I'm on my way to NH and will be there in time for PorcFest...so who needs the web when I can talk with the Individuals. :)

Awesome!  We're looking forward to getting together with you!