• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

dave ridley harassed for open carry

Started by slim, August 04, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

shyfrog

I'm curious...have there been any incidents like this in Keene?

Jitgos

Listening to that made me sick! It seems to me that is a completely illegal stop and detainment. Here are some links http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_v._Ohio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_suspicion

I'll be there soon (hopefully soon enough) and walk right with you Dave! :icon_pirat:

Jeremy

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: jitgos on August 04, 2007, 07:16 PM NHFT
Listening to that made me sick! It seems to me that is a completely illegal stop and detainment.

I doubt it.  The cops are allowed to stop you at anytime.  The cops are allowed to hold you for hours and hours.  It seems legal.

This is what some cops do.

Caleb

Quote from: shyfrog on August 04, 2007, 07:00 PM NHFT

Yes. Dave told me today that he had been harassed while open carrying in Keene.

Caleb

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on August 04, 2007, 07:22 PM NHFT
I doubt it.  The cops are allowed to stop you at anytime.  The cops are allowed to hold you for hours and hours.  It seems legal.

This is what some cops do.

yawn

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jitgos on August 04, 2007, 07:16 PM NHFT
I'll be there soon (hopefully soon enough) and walk right with you Dave! :icon_pirat:

Jeremy
that sounds like a great plan :)

error

50 people open carrying to the MVP meeting next month?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Caleb on August 04, 2007, 07:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on August 04, 2007, 07:00 PM NHFT

Yes. Dave told me today that he had been harassed while open carrying in Keene.

A different Dave...when his own brother called the cops on his as a prank.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: error on August 04, 2007, 08:02 PM NHFT
50 people open carrying to the MVP meeting next month?
anyone got a toy gun for me?

Jitgos

I went through the 15 minutes and amplified the audio when Russel and the cop talk so that it can be heard. Some of it is still not clear enough to be heard though. Feel free to put this link earlier in the thread with the original audio link.

http://www.iknowmyrights.com/opencarry.mp3

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 04, 2007, 08:15 PM NHFT
anyone got a toy gun for me?

Come on Russell...a gun is only as bad or as good as the person holding it.
It's a lot like the Government, where the person who does not wish to hold the gun probably should be the one holding the gun.

penguins4me

Dada, that was fantastic. You were calm, collected, logical, informative, and firm. I'm hopeful that on that day the police learned something about what freedom is.

So many of the things I'd heard the policeman say upset me, specifically the "not allowed to gather" - enumerated freedom of assembly, anyone? - the excuse of the presumed "freedom from fear" (which isn't even applicable in this case), etc.; I'm very happy to be able to hear it "first-hand", as it were.

Without getting into details (and mods, please delete/edit if this wasn't already addressed), how did you justify "recording" the conversation to porc411? I don't need to be convinced - NH is dead wrong on the issue, but the issue may cause problems for those involved.

As for myself, since Nevada *seems* to allow subjects to record oral conversations with the consent of only one party, I need to find a small, durable, and hopefully inexpensive audio recorder to use if/when I have any interaction with the gov't. Any suggestions right off the top of some folks' heads?

slim

alohamonkey

Quote from: penguins4me on August 04, 2007, 09:20 PM NHFT
As for myself, since Nevada *seems* to allow subjects to record oral conversations with the consent of only one party, I need to find a small, durable, and hopefully inexpensive audio recorder to use if/when I have any interaction with the gov't. Any suggestions right off the top of some folks' heads?

http://www.hellodirect.com/hellodirect/Shop?DSP=30102&PCR=1:1:5:30:290&IID=13323&itemskuid=13323

You can plug the recorder directly into your computer.

PM me if you're interested.  I can get products from this company for pretty cheap.