• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

dave ridley harassed for open carry

Started by slim, August 04, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeeseven

I'd love to see even a partial transcript of this engagement.

Quantrill

"I'm not required to give you that information".   Somebody count how many times Dave said that!

"It's important to excersize all the rights we have left.  We don't have that many left."

Dave, seriously, you are the man...

KBCraig

Some buzzwords and catch phrases to remember:

"Am I under arrest? Am I free to go?" <---of course!

"Is this an investigatory stop?"

"May I ask your articulable suspicion that crime is afoot?" (That's the legal standard for a Terry stop.)

"What crime do you believe I just committed, am committing, or are about to commit?" (The definition of "crime afoot" from Terry.)

Those officers also told several lies. The most bald-faced was the claim that criminals frequently open carry.

David

Anyone recording should tell the cops that you participate in the copwatch program and that you are only observing.  Or, try to somehow remain anonymous when publishing it on a public forum. 

error

Criminals open carrying? The only criminals I've ever seen open carrying also wear badges.

Russell Kanning

I hope some more of you Manchester guys can be ready to be reporters in these situations so you can upload content to the Manchfreepress site soon. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Facilitator on August 04, 2007, 08:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 04, 2007, 08:15 PM NHFT
anyone got a toy gun for me?
Come on Russell...a gun is only as bad or as good as the person holding it.
I was mostly thinking that it would have been good for them to be hassling me yesterday over a toy gun. :)
I should have had a kazoo in my pocket ... maybe a red wig and a trike to ride around the cops.

Tom Sawyer

Created a video using portions of the Porc 411 call sychronized with my video footage.

I arrived and started my recording a minute and a half after Dave's call began.

I need to take the file to someone with broadband to upload.

In addition I ended up leaving my battery charger at Murphy's. Would some one from Manchester be willing to pick up the battery and charger and deliver it to the moving party today? I could get someone to bring it back to Keene. Save me a 180 mile round trip, I need to get back to work... I played hookie yesterday and was up until 2 am with this. I have a deadline that I need to meet.

Caleb

Quote from: David on August 04, 2007, 10:33 PM NHFT
Anyone recording should tell the cops that you participate in the copwatch program and that you are only observing.  Or, try to somehow remain anonymous when publishing it on a public forum. 

That's a good idea ... if someone is risk averse.  ;)

TackleTheWorld

Massive credit to Tom Sawyer and wife who worked to create and deliver this video to the world.
Dave's Open Carry 08/04/07

Jim Johnson

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for posting the video TTW.  8)

You fancy folks with your high speed internet.  ;D

TackleTheWorld

Also error should  get credit for creating and maintaining Porc411 :thanks:

Tom Sawyer

Yeah what a powerful activist tool it is.  8)

Jim Johnson

Hey Tom, really great job of mixing the phone call with the VDO, fantastic.    ;D 8)