• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

dave ridley harassed for open carry

Started by slim, August 04, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on August 06, 2007, 02:46 PM NHFTI never heard of JewishNWO and none of those have anything to do with FSP.
and this video had nothing to do with the fsp right?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: EthanAllen on August 06, 2007, 03:35 PM NHFT
I don't believe anyone has "permission" to post a sign on the crosswalk lights.
that was the word ... or similar he used.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: EthanAllen on August 06, 2007, 03:47 PM NHFT
On a sidewalk you have to continue to move otherwise you are infringing on the rights of other individuals to use of the common right of way that is contained within the sidewalk.
Dave was on the sidewalk alone
... then he was joined by one cop .... who then told him what to do for a while 2
... then another cop joined the fun 3 (if anyone had wanted to walk by ... they could have)
... then a cameraman and a lunatic joined the parade 5
... then more onlookers joined and more cops 8 (still noone wanted to pass us, but could have)
... then more cops (6 total) came 15
... cop vehicles all over the place ... the last guy came on a bike... wasn't that considerate? :)
... boss hog cop shows up and starts spouting off about assembling and presidential primaries or some such (none of us knew what he was referring to) 13
... I make sure I don't have a sign in my hand, since if the president is coming I might end up in chains if I am not extreeemly careful. 11
... cops start leaving 8
... most everyone heads into the now open murphy's taproom 5
... Dave and I talk for a minute and we all walk to the meeting 2-3
... sidewalk falls silent 0
... girl scout sign is nowhere to be seen
... Manchester is once again "secure"

KBCraig

Quote from: Quantrill on August 06, 2007, 02:50 PM NHFT
Does anybody know which laws/statutes talk about the right to open carry?  I'm interested in state laws and any Manchester laws that address this issue...

As Tammy posted, RSA 159, but you won't find anything saying that it's legal to carry openly. The law says you have to have a license to carry concealed, and is silent on open carry. Since it's not prohibited, it's legal.

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 06, 2007, 03:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on August 06, 2007, 02:46 PM NHFTI never heard of JewishNWO and none of those have anything to do with FSP.

It sorta does as the video displays "Porc411" initially.

slim

Quote from: dalebert on August 06, 2007, 05:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 06, 2007, 03:59 PM NHFT

It sorta does as the video displays "Porc411" initially.

I wouldn't think that Porc 411 has any connection to the Free State Project. Even tho it was created by a FSP member.

Caleb

Quote from: lildog on August 06, 2007, 03:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on August 06, 2007, 02:05 PM NHFTInterestingly, the Manchester officer believed that this was some sort of protest that everyone had gathered for prior to Dave being stopped as he told them the rules of the use of the sidewalk for protest - no ore than three across the sidewalk, have to keep moving, etc.

Freedom of assembly?  Nah!

On a sidewalk you have to continue to move otherwise you are infringing on the rights of other individuals to use of the common right of way that is contained within the sidewalk.

That is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever said, bill. Who decides that you have to keep moving in order to let someone use the right of way. I am fully capable of standing in one location for hours on end ... and then, if someone shows up and I am in their way, I am capable of politely moving to the side to let them pass.  How can  you be guilty of obstructing someone's ability to use the common right of way on the sidewalk when THERE IS NOBODY ELSE TRYING TO GET THROUGH!

Quantrill

QuoteAs Tammy posted, RSA 159, but you won't find anything saying that it's legal to carry openly. The law says you have to have a license to carry concealed, and is silent on open carry. Since it's not prohibited, it's legal.

Thanks Tammy and KB.

So if the cops (or Department of Safety) stop you for any reason, you must identify yourself (name and place of residence)?  Or if they stop you for breaking a law you must identify yourself?  If you're in the grocery store buying toilet paper and a uniformed officer comes up to you, are you required by law to give him your name?

If Dave had committed no crime (it appears he hasn't) then he shouldn't even have to identify himself, should he?

Caleb

Should we change the title of this thread?  I suggest "Dave Ridley Involved in an Amicable Conversation With Responsible, Friendly Peace Officers Who are Just Doing Their Job and Protecting the Safety of their Beautiful City"  ::)

slim

Quote from: Caleb on August 06, 2007, 05:31 PM NHFT
Should we change the title of this thread?  I suggest "Dave Ridley Involved in an Amicable Conversation With Responsible, Friendly Peace Officers Who are Just Doing Their Job and Protecting the Safety of their Beautiful City"  ::)

How did you guess my 2nd choice for the title of the thread??? Are you in my head? >:D

slim

Original Rebal

I wish more people would have calmly and quietly
joined us on the sidewalk... To show that we are
many, but mainly to show them that WE ARE NOT
AFRAID no matter how many vehicles and officers
they bring!!!

I was happy to be there for as short of a time as
I was.

Hunter

Original Rebal

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 06, 2007, 02:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on August 06, 2007, 02:05 PM NHFT
Interestingly, the Manchester officer believed that this was some sort of protest that everyone had gathered for prior to Dave being stopped as he told them the rules of the use of the sidewalk for protest - no ore than three across the sidewalk, have to keep moving, etc.

Yeah, they apparently thought the signs up on the utility pole—for a Girl Scouts car wash if I remember correctly—were his, and demanded he take them down. Geniuses...

Hilarious!!!

Watch them grasp at all possibilities to control
and exert their so called 'power'.

Hunter

p.s. I did notice that the signs were down within
the hour... I wonder if they went to hassel the
girl scouts?

kola

Awesome work folks!

I agree with a few others that David should have asked if he was being detained or not. This is a great tactic to use that ALWAYS puts the Nazi officers back on their heels.

I found it interesting where the "3 stooges" huddled up to discuss things in private. It clearly showed they do not know how to deal with you guys and that it is you folks that are dictating to them.
A nice change for sure.

And yes, they did a splendid job of disrupting the peace and travel of law abiding citizens.

You can bet those Nazi Oinksters are discussing David over coffee and donuts.

Cheers, Kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Caleb on August 06, 2007, 05:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: lildog on August 06, 2007, 03:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on August 06, 2007, 02:05 PM NHFTInterestingly, the Manchester officer believed that this was some sort of protest that everyone had gathered for prior to Dave being stopped as he told them the rules of the use of the sidewalk for protest - no ore than three across the sidewalk, have to keep moving, etc.

Freedom of assembly?  Nah!

That is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever said, bill. Who decides that you have to keep moving in order to let someone use the right of way. I am fully capable of standing in one location for hours on end ... and then, if someone shows up and I am in their way, I am capable of politely moving to the side to let them pass.  How can  you be guilty of obstructing someone's ability to use the common right of way on the sidewalk when THERE IS NOBODY ELSE TRYING TO GET THROUGH!

Ridiculous or not, I believe it's an accurate statement of the law—it's why you always see protesters, especially union picketers, walking around in circles. Laws like this are only carted out, of course, selectively: You'd never see a cop try to arrest someone for stopping to light a cigarette, or have a conversation with a passer-by, but the law is there, and it's very useful to arbitrarily enforce when trying to stop things like protests.