• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

dave ridley harassed for open carry

Started by slim, August 04, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lildog

lol, why am I not shocked that Chaz on NHInsider sees nothing wrong with what the police did to Dave?

http://www.nhinsider.com/richard-barnes/2007/8/6/you-have-rights-as-long-as-you-dont-use-them.html

QuoteWhat's the problem? We stop people from Boarding planes, the police stop people who drive erratically.

This is just normal police procedure. No rights were violated.
August 8, 2007 | Unregistered CommenterChaz Proulx

Police randomly stopping people... sure no problems there.  Chaz just loves a police state.  Folks pay close attention... he is your typical Democrat.

QuoteThis is a commen sense issue not a constitutional issue.

Manchester has had plenty of gun violence in recent years. Stopping Dave and checking him out is a long way from preventing him from carrying.

There is another angle with Dave. He is on record in an e-mail talking about an illegal militia. I know that may seem minor, but law authorities have an obligation to protect the public too.

This is no different than screening people who board airplanes.

I also believe Dave has been hanging out with the Browns (Dave correct me if I'm wrong). The Browns are guilty of felonies and are armed.

So there is enough for law authorities to pay attention to.

As a citizen of this state I applaud them for doing their job professionally.
August 8, 2007 | Unregistered CommenterChaz Proulx

Dreepa

Ask Chaz if it is ok to stop black people randomly?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 08, 2007, 12:57 PM NHFT
dada request site thread change to
"dave ridley harassed for open carry"
I changed it in the paper also.

dalebert

Quote from: Dreepa on August 08, 2007, 04:24 PM NHFT

Sir, can I see your permit for being black in New Hampshire.

I'm not required to carry a permit for that.

I need to see your permit.

I'm not going to give you that.

You understand, Sir, that some people in the area called and you're making them nervous that you might want to commit a crime. I'm just checking up with you to ensure that you don't mean any harm to anyone. I'm sure you understand. I'm just trying to do my job. May I ask why you're being black in NH?

I'm always black, whether I'm in NH or elsewhere.

May I see your ID? A driver's license perhaps.

I'm not required to show you ID for being black.

---

BTW, did I miss the link to the DIGG article? I didn't find it on the front page. Perhaps it's not there anymore.

Russell Kanning

yes ... that is so true ... if carrying a gun is "legal" than why do you have to check his ID

I see you are carrying a chainsaw .... may I see your ID

KBCraig

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 08, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: sjhipple on August 06, 2007, 06:20 PM NHFT
How were you able to record the officer? I thought that wasn't legal in NH

I am no expert, but as I understand of the law has to do with recording people without their knowledge.  Having a visible camera in a public place should not violate the law.

The key is "consent", not "knowledge".

But when you're openly videotaping someone in public, they know that you are recording their voice, so if they do not object, they've consented.

Dave explained to the trooper that he was calling Porc411. "Oh, like a webcast?" "Something like that." So he also knew he was being recorded, and did not object, thus consented.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 08, 2007, 04:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 08, 2007, 12:57 PM NHFT
dada request site thread change to
"dave ridley harassed for open carry"
I changed it in the paper also.

wow thanks russell! 

Russell Kanning

and later a cop asked Roger to stop ... so he stopped

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 08, 2007, 05:53 PM NHFT
wow thanks russell! 
sometimes I don't get along with that Dave Ridley character, but for you Dada ... I would do most anything ;D

Dave Ridley

youtube video up to 17,000 views as of 4pm

[attachment deleted by admin]

d_goddard

Over 1,400 Diggs and not shwoing any sign of slowing
The Free State Blogs page has had nearly 8,000 hits in the past 24 hours -- more than the site usually gets in 2 months.

As for recording, remember -- on public property in New Hampshire:
* video recording does not require consent. You do not even have to inform the person they are being videotaped. They sure as hell have no authority to tell you to stop!
* audio taping requires consent of all parties being recorded.

When the cop tells you to turn off your camera, you are 100% within your rights to turn off the mic and say:
"Persuant to RSA-570:A, you are no longer being audio recorded. You are in a public place, however, and have no authority over the purely video aspect of the recording. Thank you."

Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: dalebert on August 08, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFT

BTW, did I miss the link to the DIGG article? I didn't find it on the front page. Perhaps it's not there anymore.

Here it is still on the front page of digg -- right hand side

http://digg.com/politics/Policing_the_police_open_carry

Kat Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on August 08, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 08, 2007, 04:24 PM NHFT

Sir, can I see your permit for being black in New Hampshire.

I'm not required to carry a permit for that.

I need to see your permit.

I'm not going to give you that.

You understand, Sir, that some people in the area called and you're making them nervous that you might want to commit a crime. I'm just checking up with you to ensure that you don't mean any harm to anyone. I'm sure you understand. I'm just trying to do my job. May I ask why you're being black in NH?

I'm always black, whether I'm in NH or elsewhere.

May I see your ID? A driver's license perhaps.

I'm not required to show you ID for being black.

:clap:  perfect

Russell Kanning