• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

dave ridley harassed for open carry

Started by slim, August 04, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Quote from: GraniteForge on August 08, 2007, 06:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on August 08, 2007, 05:50 PM NHFT
Dave explained to the trooper that he was calling Porc411. "Oh, like a webcast?" "Something like that." So he also knew he was being recorded, and did not object, thus consented.
Actually no, this has not been adjudicated in NH that I (or others who have checked) can find.  Generally, in NH, consent must be positively affirmed, not implied, unless implied consent is explicitly contained in the law.
It has not been adjudicated, but that isn't stopping police officers from arresting people over it.

I was at the House hearings on several related bills. Senior Assistant Attorney General (yes that's her official title) Ann Rice made it clear that consent is not required on video. The "2-party consent" issue applies only to audio.

Quantrill

What are the RSAs on "wiretapping" the police?  And videotaping/recording in public?

d_goddard

Quote from: Quantrill on August 08, 2007, 07:37 PM NHFT
What are the RSAs on "wiretapping" the police?  And videotaping/recording in public?
I should write up a FAQ about this, I really should!

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lviii/570-a/570-a-mrg.htm

KBCraig

Quote from: GraniteForge on August 08, 2007, 06:40 PM NHFT
Generally, in NH, consent must be positively affirmed, not implied, unless implied consent is explicitly contained in the law.

So sex without specific consent is rape?

Rosie the Riveter

FTL_Ian

Quote from: d_goddard on August 08, 2007, 06:07 PM NHFT
* audio taping requires consent of all parties being recorded.

When the cop tells you to turn off your camera, you are 100% within your rights to turn off the mic and say:
"Persuant to RSA-927:A, you are no longer being audio recorded. You are in a public place, however, and have no authority over the purely video aspect of the recording. Thank you."

If I'm in public recording, you are consenting by speaking.   :icon_pirat:

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 08, 2007, 08:30 PM NHFT
If I'm in public recording, you are consenting by speaking.   :icon_pirat:
You must be one of those radical freedom lovers in Keene .... talking like that.

Nicholas Gilman

28,000 views and counting.    8)    Good work folks! 
I've been circulating the link to everyone I know.

Kat Kanning

Views: 29,547 | Comments: 200 | Favorited: 78 times   :D

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 09, 2007, 04:24 AM NHFT
Views: 29,547 | Comments: 200 | Favorited: 78 times   :D

I hope the cops get wind of this and that they find it endlessly embarassing to become a celebrity in this manner.

d_goddard

Top Story #3 in the Digg "World and Business" section -- 1,751 Diggs!

lildog

I just had the greatest idea for a protest (or flier) as a result of this incident.

Get a picture of Dave wearing what he did that day with his gun clearly visible then next to it a picture of Jason, Freddy or some other movie killer (but make sure no weapon is visible) and above that the caption who do you fear the most?

KBCraig

The one version had a bunch of anti-Jewish "related" videos, because it was linked to by a white supremacist page.

TackleTheWorld

Those related videos are not there anymore.