• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

dave ridley harassed for open carry

Started by slim, August 04, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: mvpel on August 09, 2007, 10:51 PM NHFT
Some people hold cops in less disdain than others who've been arrested and thrown in jail for holding a sign in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that's all very understandable when you think about it.
So true. I do not give the MPD the benefit of the doubt.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 10, 2007, 12:32 AM NHFT
i will see if i can make it saturday; and thanks for wanting to do this type of support thing.
I am sure you will be able to walk around outside the meeting ... after all ... this isn't Manchester. :)
But we could have a few of us openly carrying in solidarity with you.

Dave Ridley

i'm leaning toward going to the concord meeting if I can

Bald Eagle

I've carried nearly every single day for the last 3-4 years, and I'm not about to stop because of a few morons who don't know what their jobs are.

Saturday in Concord sounds good to me.

How many guns and holsters should I bring?

Russell Kanning

I could use one. Otherwise I would have to come with an unloaded pitchfork only.

sandm000

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 10, 2007, 10:29 AM NHFT
I could use one. Otherwise I would have to come with an unloaded pitchfork only.

Russell, were you actually thinking of carrying a working firearm?

I was under the impression that you were looking for a toy gun, which you could paint black and carry in the same way.

Russell Kanning

I could use a toy one. I was thinking of a toy one for normal use because they are cheap and the cops wouldn't take it from me.

Caleb just picked up a nice bb gun or some such for that purpose. :)

Since Bald Eagle was offering the real things for the afternoon, I would be happy to carry them. But you never know when the cops might flip out and haul me away and take the gun because I don't give them "proper ID".

I just don't think that using large amounts of force to get my way is the right thing to do. Sometimes I am wrong. So I wouldn't use it ... or even load it.

Russell Kanning

When you are dealing directly with the government, pitchforks are safer, funnier, and still get the point across. In this case, I don't think we will interact with the bad guys.

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 10, 2007, 08:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: Quantrill on August 09, 2007, 10:23 PM NHFT
But I must say I am very surprised to see the comments that our supposed allies on other forums are making.
Some of them carry a gun every day ... and they don't want anyone to rock the boat. Only when the government denies them will they join us.

They don't want anyone "ruining it for the rest of us". They're so accustomed to begging permission to exercise a right, they've forgotten that it is a right.

A disgusting number of people in Texas actually work against legalizing open carry, because they're afraid it would increase the number of places that are off limits.

dalebert

I may have already posted this, but I'm thinking of getting a bb gun for open carry and then conceal carry a real gun that's loaded. I'll want one that looks as authentic as possible, of course.

sandm000

If the route you are going is for a toy that looks realistic, they don't get any more real than airsoft.

http://shortyusa.com/index.html?RID=4328

and, wow, idiots want bb guns banned because they look like real guns

http://airsoftgun.blogspot.com/2007/07/witnesses-back-look-alike-gun-airsoft.html

Russell Kanning

It isn't that important to me. It might be nice to have something in a few situations for me. This is not as big an issue to me as other people, but I want to support them. :)

Tom Sawyer

Kind of reminds me of Russell vs MPD.  ;D

Top Cat and the gang vs.the bothersome - and ever exasperated - Officer Dibble who is relentlessly on his case (although always one step behind). 

Dave Ridley

ok now theres 95% chance i'll make it

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 10, 2007, 08:05 PM NHFT
Kind of reminds me of Russell vs MPD.  ;D

Top Cat and the gang vs.the bothersome - and ever exasperated - Officer Dibble who is relentlessly on his case (although always one step behind). 

I'm guessing Dibble may have been a genius compared to the cop standing behind Dave.