• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Live Free or Die Festival in Jaffrey -- Aug. 25

Started by Rocketman, August 04, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

I am scheduled to appear on "Against the Grain" with Gardner Goldsmith at 1:20 tomorrow to promote the Live Free or Die Festival.  His first show back on the air!

I consider this both an honor and a privilege.  Man, I am so glad he is doing radio again!

Dreepa

Rocketman... is there a schedule of when people are talking?
Is there a central place to park?

A spot for vendors?

I won't be there until about 1 - 1:30pmish.

Rocketman

I have no idea about the speaker schedule.

I'm afraid you may have to call the very talkative Jean "Mike" Coutu at 532-6711 for those details.

Vendor space is/was available, but there's a form to fill out to satisfy the town of Jaffrey.  I didn't fill out the form he sent me, simply because we aren't actually selling anything, but maybe I should have checked on that.  NH Common Sense will just be dishing out matchbooks and brochures, along with collecting petition sigs and email addys.

Glad to hear you are planning to attend!

Kat Kanning

There's parking on the street in Jaffrey.  It wasn't terribly convenient, but not horrible either.

dalebert

Quote from: Dreepa on August 19, 2007, 09:52 PM NHFT
A spot for vendors?

There was someone at the ice cream social last night asking about my Ron Paul shirt. He missed you guys at porcfest and I explained that you were hiding on the balcony. :)

I plan to attend this event.

Rocketman

Dreepa: talked to Jean Coutu this morning and he was jazzed to hear there'd be somebody there selling Ron Paul stuff.  You may still want to call him -- not sure if you'll have to fill out a vendor permit.

He's short on tables, so if anybody can bring a folding table or three, that would probably be a big help.

Dreepa

Quote from: Rocketman on August 20, 2007, 08:51 AM NHFT
Dreepa: talked to Jean Coutu this morning and he was jazzed to hear there'd be somebody there selling Ron Paul stuff.  You may still want to call him -- not sure if you'll have to fill out a vendor permit.

He's short on tables, so if anybody can bring a folding table or three, that would probably be a big help.
Calling him... hmmm I was trying to avoid that but I suppose I can.
I hate paperwork but I may do it.
I do have a folding table.

Rocketman

Heh, the libertarian thing to do would be just to show up.  I don't think anybody will give you any grief.

Dreepa

Quote from: Rocketman on August 20, 2007, 07:10 PM NHFT
Heh, the libertarian thing to do would be just to show up.  I don't think anybody will give you any grief.
that is what I was thinking...... esp since I will be 'late'. on the other hand it is nice to give the guy a head's up.

Also the new Dreepa Farm tshirt will be unveiled.
And I have plenty of 'New Hampshire
                             Live Free of Die'  shirts.. (green with cream letters)... portion of the proceeds goes to NHLA 2008 election fund.  I think that those will be nice at this event eh?

Rocketman

Quote from: Dreepa on August 20, 2007, 07:12 PM NHFT
Also the new Dreepa Farm tshirt will be unveiled.
And I have plenty of 'New Hampshire
                             Live Free of Die'  shirts.. (green with cream letters)... portion of the proceeds goes to NHLA 2008 election fund.  I think that those will be nice at this event eh?

Yes, indeed.  I suggest emailing Dick Olson (Coutu's co-conspirator) and giving them a heads-up.  Coutu usually doesn't do email, but I'm sure he and Dick are checking it a lot in the run-up to this event.

rholson@verizon.net

d_goddard

I may or may not be able to go to this event... if there's anyone who is 95% or better likely to go, and who want so to pass out FTL flyers at the event, or who has a table and is willing to put a stack of FTL flyers thereon, please email me and I'll give you a bunch.

Thanks!

Kat Kanning

Dreepa

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 20, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT
Don't risk it, Dreepa!   :o  ;)
I talked to him last year and ended up talking to him for about 20 minutes.. when I had a 1 minute question.

That is why I like email....  >:D

Rocketman

Quote from: Dreepa on August 20, 2007, 09:43 PM NHFT
I talked to him last year and ended up talking to him for about 20 minutes.. when I had a 1 minute question.

I think you need to rephrase the part I've placed in bold.  There is no way you talked to him for more than 1 minute in a 20 minute conversation.

;D

Dreepa

Quote from: Dreepa on August 20, 2007, 09:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 20, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT
Don't risk it, Dreepa!   :o  ;)
I talked to him last year and ended up having him talk to me for about 20 minutes.. when I had a 1 minute question.

fixed it.