• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Live Free or Die Festival in Jaffrey -- Aug. 25

Started by Rocketman, August 04, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Don't you just love the friendly neighborly folk in nh?   ;D

Rocketman

Quote from: Dreepa on August 20, 2007, 09:50 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 20, 2007, 09:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 20, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT
Don't risk it, Dreepa!   :o  ;)
I talked to him last year and ended up having him talk to me for about 20 minutes.. when I had a 1 minute question.

That is why I like email....  >:D
fixed it.

Ah, the universe is back in its proper alignment... except there's still a Drug War and a lot of other nasty stuff.

Thanks Dreepa!   :D

Rocketman

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Matt Simon
Executive Director
NH Coalition for Common Sense Marijuana Policy
603-391-7450
info@nhcommonsense.org
www.nhcommonsense.org
www.sendtherightmessage.com

Jaffrey "Live Free or Die Celebration" Will Feature Marijuana Policy Speakers

Pembroke, NH (August 22) – The NH Coalition for Common Sense Marijuana Policy has announced that executive director Matt Simon will be a featured speaker at the 2nd annual Live Free or Die Celebration.  There is no charge to attend this event, which will be held Saturday, August 25, from noon to 4 p.m. at the town center of Jaffrey, NH.

Simon will be speaking about his organization's "Send the Right Message!" campaign, an effort to educate voters by raising drug and marijuana issues with presidential candidates.  The campaign's website, SendTheRightMessage.com, features articles and videos based on encounters with candidates including Mitt Romney, John McCain, Bill Richardson, and Ron Paul.

Simon will also be speaking about NH Common Sense's plans to support a marijuana decriminalization measure in the next legislative session.  The bill, which would reduce penalties for possession of marijuana in small quantities, is expected to resemble laws which are already in effect in several states including Maine.

The pro-freedom rock band Poker Face is scheduled to provide entertainment.  Other speakers on the schedule include Jonathan Perri of Students for Sensible Drug Policy, Stuart Cooper of the NH Marijuana Policy Initiative, State Representative Joel Winters, and Spychips author Dr. Katherine Albrecht.

KBCraig

Wow.

Of course, you all suck for being in NH and being able to go to gatherings like this, you know.

error

Quote from: KBCraig on August 22, 2007, 01:00 AM NHFT
Wow.

Of course, you all suck for being in NH and being able to go to gatherings like this, you know.

We aren't stopping you from moving home and joining the fun!

dalebert

I definitely spent way too long struggling with the decision of whether to move. Learn from my mistake.  ;)

Rocketman

Wow.

What, they don't have cool stuff like this in Texas?   :P

Dave Ridley

Kat Kanning

Friday

Quote from: Rocketman on August 20, 2007, 07:10 PM NHFT
Heh, the libertarian thing to do would be just to show up.  I don't think anybody will give you any grief.

And the Libertarian thing to do is to have coordinated a vendor table weeks in advance.  >:D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Rocketman on August 22, 2007, 09:57 AM NHFT
What, they don't have cool stuff like this in Texas?   :P

They sort of do, in Austin.

Dreepa

Haven't heard back from the email.

(they do need a website for this don't they?)

I think I am just going to show up.. set up a table and then... see what happens.

Rocketman

Quote from: Dreepa on August 23, 2007, 04:14 PM NHFT

I think I am just going to show up.. set up a table and then... see what happens.

Definitely show up... I don't foresee a problem.

No website, just a bazillion postcards, some flyers, and word of mouth.

Dreepa

Quote from: Rocketman on August 23, 2007, 06:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 23, 2007, 04:14 PM NHFT

Definitely show up... I don't foresee a problem.

No website, just a bazillion postcards, some flyers, and word of mouth.
Just got the email.  They want 15% of sales..... Dreepa doesn't make any money on these shirts...In fact Dreepa just forked over a shitload of $$.

I will just show up.

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on August 20, 2007, 07:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rocketman on August 20, 2007, 07:10 PM NHFT
Heh, the libertarian thing to do would be just to show up.  I don't think anybody will give you any grief.
that is what I was thinking...... esp since I will be 'late'. on the other hand it is nice to give the guy a head's up.

Also the new Dreepa Farm tshirt will be unveiled.
And I have plenty of 'New Hampshire
                             Live Free of Die'  shirts.. (green with cream letters)... portion of the proceeds goes to NHLA 2008 election fund.  I think that those will be nice at this event eh?

So does this mean you're not going to cover the Pembroke event?