• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Live Free or Die Festival in Jaffrey -- Aug. 25

Started by Rocketman, August 04, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

The 2nd Annual Live Free or Die Festival will be held Aug. 25 in the town of Jaffrey (south of Peterborough) from 12-4. 

Here are a few of this year's speakers:

Dr. Katherine Albrecht will talk about Spychips/RFID,
Rep. Joel Winters will talk about National Identification,
Matt Simon will talk about ending Marijuana Prohibition,
and many more!

Also (perhaps more fun), the band Poker Face will be playing.

The event lasts from 12-4, after which a lot of people will be hanging out and eventually camping on Jean "Mike" Coutu's property.  He says all are welcome (tons of space), but that he'd appreciate a heads-up if you want to camp.  Winnebagos no problem, he says.

Questions?  Call Jean "Mike" Coutu at 532-6711.

Dave Ridley

great to see this event has persevered after the financial loss last year

Lloyd Danforth

Rocketman

And this year promises to be quite different.   :)

KBCraig

I hope they've got it set up so the racists don't crash and try to claim it as their own event.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Rocketman on August 04, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT
Questions?  Call Jean "Mike" Coutu at 532-6711.

This should have a warning label on it.   :o

dalebert

Kat Kanning

He talks A LOT.  People might not know what they're getting into by calling him.   :D

Rocketman

It can be hard to get a word in edgewise.  I forgot to mention the other way to contact them -- you can also email rholson@verizon.net

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: dalebert on August 05, 2007, 08:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 05, 2007, 05:16 AM NHFT
This should have a warning label on it.   :o

Please elaborate.

Last year there was a lot of  anti immigration stuff.  The upside was Jim & Lauren brought their Cool bikes!

NH

Is this the celebration with the big fireworks?

Kat Kanning

Jim Johnson

No cool bike this year.  That Jaffery thing is on a one year suspension and review after the severally ignorant racist taint last year.
The Fed was kind interesting to talk to though, like talking to Dan Aykroyd playing Joe Friday dressed as the Easy Rider Guy.

David

To combat the racists, I would love to see an african or hispanic american preacher speak at the festival.  Preferably someone who was involved in the civil rights movement.  Someone who understands what it is to be on the wrong side of the 'law'. 

Rocketman

I have been assured and reassured that this year's event will not have problems like last year's event.

The issues being covered this year do not include immigration, which was a recipe for disaster last year.  The flyer I received from Jean Coutu lists this year's issues as follows:

Marijuana Policy Reform (three speakers including me)
Mt. Monadnock Zone Preservation
Spychips/RFID (Dr. Katherine Albrecht)
NH State Motto History and Preservation
National and Real Identification (Rep. Joel Winters)
False Flag Terrorism (no clue about this one)

A strong showing at this event will demonstrate that these issues are important to citizens.  Please attend if you can, and help spread the word!