• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

References for CCW permit

Started by J’raxis 270145, August 08, 2007, 10:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Would anyone I've met at Taproom Tuesdays mind letting me use you as a reference on the CCW form (DSSP 85)? I'm going over to apply today and would like to use people I know in New Hampshire as references—since I just moved, everyone else I can think of is in Massachusetts.

You can PM me the info. All they need is name and address—no phone number, or anything else.

mvpel

They don't need to be NH residents - I used friends from California when I applied, the day after I arrived in the state.

J’raxis 270145

All set; I submitted it on Wednesday, the same day I posted this. No difficulties except they don't give you any sort of proof of receipt...

mvpel

That's so that if they decide to ignore the 14-day deadline, you can't prove that they did.  It's a good idea to submit the application certified mail with return receipt, or bring a witness when submitting it.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: mvpel on August 13, 2007, 02:58 AM NHFT
That's so that if they decide to ignore the 14-day deadline, you can't prove that they did.  It's a good idea to submit the application certified mail with return receipt, or bring a witness when submitting it.

That's pretty much what I guessed; Powerchuter/NHArticleTen had a fun time with his PD trying to get a receipt. If I have to go re-do it, I'll definitely bring a witness. RattyDog and I were going to go over together but she was too busy.