• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Friday is an Immature Tattletale who will Stalk you Forever

Started by Friday, August 08, 2007, 07:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: Beavis on August 08, 2007, 10:03 PM NHFT
Yeah, I want a stalker, too!

Are you the guy who was sitting at the same table as me at the Pratt's BBQ about a month back?  I'm still not quite sure if I've met you or not.

d_goddard

Quote from: Friday on August 09, 2007, 08:15 PM NHFT
I'm still not quite sure if I've met you or not.
In that case you are a cyborg in ERROR...

d_goddard

Quote from: Friday on August 09, 2007, 08:13 PM NHFT
I honestly don't even remember if anyone at the nominating convention formally nominated Ron Paul
I nominated him after it was pointed out that Party rules prevented me from nominating Gallus, since I'm not in his congressional district.

Trivia: When I made that nomination, I was sitting at the "Reserved for George Phillies" table that he never showed up to. Ron Helwig was sitting directly to my left. You spent virtually the entire evening behind one large object or another that JP couldn't seem to put any place else. It was cute :)

Friday

Quote from: Caleb on August 08, 2007, 10:14 PM NHFT
Now Girls! No fighting in the war room.  ;)
Oh please... everyone loves a good girlfight.  >:D

So I was there at the fair, and I kinda hassled Harold too. But it was all in good fun.  He had a *ton* of Ron Paul stuff up, which, if you think about it, kind of makes sense. I mean, we all know Ron is a long shot. But for as much of a long shot as he is, there's still a lot better chance that come Jan 20, 2009 we will hear "I, Ron Paul, do solemnly swear ..." than there is that we will hear "I George Phillies ..."  :)  So it was a little surprising to see the sheer magnitude of the Ron Paul paraphernalia that was on display at his Libertarian Party table. I said "surprising" ... I didn't say that it was "uncalled for" or "inappropriate". The reason that it is a little surprising is that a certain Libertarian Presidential candidate, who shall remain un-named (except for to say that his name rhymes with George Phillies,) has been a little huffy anytime the subject of Ron Paul comes out, and in fact has made a spectacle (debacle?) of himself in his attempt to show his utter contempt for anything even resembling enthusiasm for the Ron Paul campaign. So, like I said ... it was a little surprising to see Howard proudly displaying about 37 Ron Paul campaign banners, and not a single George Phillies banner. Like I said, surprising. Not inappropriate. In fact, I cheered Howard on, and let him know what I was glad that he had the RP banners, and I took the time to let him know what I think of Mr. Phillies as a human being. I shall spare you those unpleasant remarks.  :)

Caleb, I'm surprised to hear this.... when I manned the LPNH's table just a couple of weeks ago, there was definitely George Phillies material on the table, and just one Ron Paul sign stuck in the ground *behind* the table. Are you certain there was no Phillies material on the table?  Everyone who attended the LPNH convention knows that Phillies wasn't my first choice  :P , but still... the party shelled out big bucks for that table, and Phillies won the election (by the skin of his teeth) fair and square, so that doesn't sound kosher to me if his promotional material was excluded.

Friday

Quote from: KBCraig on August 09, 2007, 12:55 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 08, 2007, 08:50 PM NHFT
I have no problem with the LP not endorsing RP right now... if/when RP wins the GOP nomination then I think it would be ok to talk about that possibility.
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on August 08, 2007, 08:56 PM NHFT
Not if they want to continue as a party

Why does the LP have to field a presidential candidate, versus supporting another candidate, in order to "continue as a party"?

And for that matter, isn't loyalty to party over principle what has gotten us into this two-party mess?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the LP be viable in national races, but it's pretty obvious they're not going to be. Not anytime soon. The future of the LP, if it becomes successful, is at the grassroots and local level, and the state level when possible. The occasional charismatic individual will stand out in larger races, and will hopefully win.
Believe it or not, I COMPLETELY agree with you.  I made a pitch to have the LPNH stop wasting time and money on the pyrrhic symbolic crap stuff, but found myself all alone in that opinion.  Oh well...  :-\

(If you look up "charismatic" in the dictionary, you won't find George Phillies' picture.)
It would be impolitic of me to comment on that in this venue.   :-X   :angel4:

Steve Kubby endorsed Ron Paul. That's principle above party.
Erm.... Kubby is still running for President.

Friday

Quote from: d_goddard on August 09, 2007, 08:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on August 09, 2007, 08:13 PM NHFT
I honestly don't even remember if anyone at the nominating convention formally nominated Ron Paul
I nominated him after it was pointed out that Party rules prevented me from nominating Gallus, since I'm not in his congressional district.

Didn't you make a speech on behalf of Steve :weed: Kubby??  :weed: