• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Friday is an Immature Tattletale who will Stalk you Forever

Started by Friday, August 08, 2007, 07:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Yesterday, I said this over on the Taproom Tuesdays thread:

Quote from: Friday on August 08, 2007, 12:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 07, 2007, 10:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: RattyDog on August 07, 2007, 09:27 PM NHFT
Shyfrog, I love it...that is great! Great pictures.

That was intense....SO many people came...what was the total count??
I counted 33 at one point... WOW.  Someone made the comment that some LP conventions can't get 33 people there.  33 for basically a few beers... >:D

I was planning on being there, but was stuck in the office until 8:30....   :'(

I'm curious about the gratuitous LP bashing, though... as someone who has actually ATTENDED the LP conventions of two of the smallest states in the country in the past two years, both of which had far more than 33 people in attendance, I'd like to know who made that remark, which specific LP conventions they were referring to, and which year they attended it. Getting so very weary of the continuous public, and often completely erroneous, bashing of my political party by my so-called allies in the struggle for greater freedom in New Hampshire.....  :-\

Pop quiz: which well known Ron Paul promoter and self-proclaimed RP campaign manager actually berated a member of the LPNH for having the audacity to put pro-Ron Paul material on an LP table at the Cheshire County Fair?  God forbid the general public see "the wrong kind" promoting Ron Paul....  :P  :P  :P

Friday

Then CNHT replied, rather pointedly letting the cat out of the bag that *she* was the one mentioned as berating a member of the LPNH for promoting Ron Paul at an OPH table at the Cheshire County Fair last weekend.  She made various insulting remarks, and said that I have the facts wrong about the incident.  But the post has since been deleted, presumably by CNHT.

Quote from: Friday on August 08, 2007, 06:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on August 08, 2007, 12:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on August 08, 2007, 12:02 AM NHFT
Pop quiz: which well known Ron Paul promoter and self-proclaimed RP campaign manager actually berated a member of the LPNH for having the audacity to put pro-Ron Paul material on an LP table at the Cheshire County Fair?  God forbid the general public see "the wrong kind" promoting Ron Paul....  :P  :P  :P

You know this tattle-tale mentality of yours is really tiresome not to mention childish.
Tattle-tale mentality?  Please share with the rest of the class to what you are referring.  Otherwise, we'll have to assume that it's yet another gratuitous personal insult, something for which you are developing quite a reputation.

If you are talking about Howard Wilson at the Cheshire Fair, he was never 'berated' for anything. He was simply asked how he got away with promoting Ron Paul at an LPNH table
"Got away with"? Thank you for acknowledging that you did indeed indicate that *some* people shouldn't be trying to promote Ron Paul.
when others were severely berated and trashed for simply having posted one event (no endorsements mind you) on the LPNH mailing list before Paul even filed to run because they foolishly thought some might be interested in hearing the country's #1 libertarian speak? That was such a crime!
What others?  Severely berated by whom?  I honestly don't know who you're referring to, and it seems more honorable to me to name the person whom you are publicly criticizing, both so that that person can defend himself if necessary, and so that the entire LPNH won't be impugned by your vague comments.

Did the LPNH suddenly decide to come to its senses and endorse Ron Paul? That was the question...
No.  The LPNH, the New Hampshire affiliate of the third largest political party in the U.S., did not suddenly "come to its senses" and decide to endorse someone seeking the primary nomination in a different political party.

and it was only a question, there was no 'berating' involved.

Not to mention the fact that Howard was generously offered materials for his table, some of which I paid for.

I have a witness.  :P :P :P :P

Please let us know who the witness is.  I have a great deal of respect for Howard, and I find his report of the OPH booth at the Cheshire County Fair very... believable.   :P  If you have someone who can back up your very different side of the story, let us all know who that is.

d_goddard

You got nothin' on me.
I'm an Insufferable Knowitall!

Friday

Next, CNHT tries to pull the classic "I get the last word nyah nyah nyah" maneuver.

Quote from: CNHT on August 08, 2007, 01:10 PM NHFT
Tattle-tale mentality?  Please share with the rest of the class to what you are referring.  Otherwise, we'll have to assume that it's yet another gratuitous personal insult, something for which you are developing quite a reputation.

See your original post...if you would like to see an example of anonymous gratuitous insult.

"Got away with"? Thank you for acknowledging that you did indeed indicate that *some* people shouldn't be trying to promote Ron Paul.

That's utterly ridiculous and I have never said *some* people shouldn't be promoting Ron Paul, and you know it. I have been saying that I don't understand why the LPNH won't endorse Ron Paul (although you have explained it below) and why would its members keep ripping supporters for the fact that many do, the complete opposite. And why someone who merely notified the members of an event was ripped for doing so, to the point that a disclaimer had to be sent out stating that the LPNH does not endorse. (The event was not an endorsement, just a notice of an event)

What others?  Severely berated by whom?  I honestly don't know who you're referring to, and it seems more honorable to me to name the person whom you are publicly criticizing, both so that that person can defend himself if necessary, and so that the entire LPNH won't be impugned by your vague comments.

You mean like you do when you ask people to 'guess who' you are talking about that did this or that, or, you have a 'pop quiz' question, which you are wont to do?

Wow, pot/kettle.

I am referring to the fact that the LPNH got its knickers in a bunch because I committed the crime of posting the Ron Paul February party to their calendar and also *some* people made a huge issue and point out of making sure they would not be going there... as if it were something to be avoided. No problem. I think it was a success in any case.

I really don't know what the LPNH members have against Ron Paul.... it's rather baffling to me. I was glad to see Howard promoting him, just preparing him for the possible blowback from his compatriots.

No.  The LPNH, the New Hampshire affiliate of the third largest political party in the U.S., did not suddenly "come to its senses" and decide to endorse someone seeking the primary nomination in a different political party.

That was my whole point and a fair enough explanation that did not warrant the reaction I got. Please note it wasn't John Babiarz or Brendan Kelly who were upset about the posting, just 'some' members, who supposedly complained to another member. In this case I do not know who the complainers were, so I can't tell you names, because they would not tell me. (But believe me I would if I did.)

Please let us know who the witness is.  I have a great deal of respect for Howard, and I find his report of the OPH booth at the Cheshire County Fair very... believable.   :P  If you have someone who can back up your very different side of the story, let us all know who that is.

Why so you can also badger him too? Not on your life.

If Howard thought he was being berated that's news to me. I was just warning him that he may be chastised severely as I was, and for months later, AD NAUSEUM, for supporting a candidate from 'another party'. I even said I was glad to see that he wasn't having any of this party purity stuff.

In conclusion, you can't go around attacking people and then expect them, after a time, not to get sick of it and speak back about it. Some of us are pretty easy going but after a while of keeping quiet, we do have an eventual boiling point.  A person can only take so much abuse.

:dontknow:

Anyway, I have some good news.. I'm heading out to be picking up a huge shipment of signs in three sizes.....let's get to work plaster the state with Ron Paul!

;)

Friday

Quote from: CNHT on August 08, 2007, 01:10 PM NHFT

See your original post...if you would like to see an example of anonymous gratuitous insult.

Ah.  So you don't have a single example of this so-called "tattletale mentality".  What a surprise.

I just reread my original post.  I don't see a single insult in it.  You're right, I did anonymously refer to your bad behavior, and you chose to go public about it.  I applaud your decision.  :D

That's utterly ridiculous and I have never said *some* people shouldn't be promoting Ron Paul, and you know it.

No, actually, I don't.  You declined to answer most of my questions, or to deliver on the witness that you claimed to have.  So I am left to choose between your and Howard's very different versions of the story.  Based on my personal experiences with each of you, I'll have to go with believing Howard.

I have been saying that I don't understand why the LPNH won't endorse Ron Paul (although you have explained it below)
Cool, glad my explanation made sense.

...and why would its members keep ripping supporters for the fact that many do, the complete opposite.
What members of the LPNH have ripped what Ron Paul supporters for the fact that they support Ron Paul?  There you go again with your vague, disparaging remarks against a large group of people. 

And why someone who merely notified the members of an event was ripped for doing so, to the point that a disclaimer had to be sent out stating that the LPNH does not endorse. (The event was not an endorsement, just a notice of an event)
You still decline to name who "ripped" you for this.  If you feel the behavior was so wrong, why the compulsion to protect him/her?

You mean like you do when you ask people to 'guess who' you are talking about that did this or that, or, you have a 'pop quiz' question, which you are wont to do?

Wow, pot/kettle.
Sorry, but you really lost me with that bit of, um, logic.  :dontknow:

I am referring to the fact that the LPNH got its knickers in a bunch because I committed the crime of posting the Ron Paul February party to their calendar and also *some* people made a huge issue and point out of making sure they would not be going there... as if it were something to be avoided. No problem. I think it was a success in any case.
Ah!  So now it has gone from one person in the LPNH to *some* people in the LPNH. And yet, still not a single name.

I really don't know what the LPNH members have against Ron Paul.... it's rather baffling to me.
I don't either.  Can you provide one single example of an LPNH member bashing or dissing Ron Paul in any way?  If not, why the repeated claim that LPNH members are against Ron Paul?

I was glad to see Howard promoting him, just preparing him for the possible blowback from his compatriots.
Um... riiiiiiight.

That was my whole point and a fair enough explanation that did not warrant the reaction I got. Please note it wasn't John Babiarz or Brendan Kelly who were upset about the posting, just 'some' members, who supposedly complained to another member. In this case I do not know who the complainers were, so I can't tell you names, because they would not tell me. (But believe me I would if I did.)
Now you're just talking in circles.  Someone berated you... someone ripped you... but you don't know who it was!

Why so you can also badger him too? Not on your life.
Saw that one coming.  :)

If Howard thought he was being berated that's news to me. I was just warning him that he may be chastised severely as I was, and for months later, AD NAUSEUM, for supporting a candidate from 'another party'. I even said I was glad to see that he wasn't having any of this party purity stuff.
Ah.

In conclusion, you can't go around attacking people and then expect them, after a time, not to get sick of it and speak back about it. Some of us are pretty easy going but after a while of keeping quiet, we do have an eventual boiling point.  A person can only take so much abuse.

:dontknow:
Ah. So now I am "attacking" and "abusing" you.   :inspect:

Anyway, I have some good news.. I'm heading out to be picking up a huge shipment of signs in three sizes.....let's get to work plaster the state with Ron Paul!

;)
Oh my gosh, that just makes my blood boil!  Oh wait... I worked at the LPNH's OPH table myself a couple of weeks ago.  Not only did I not have the slightest problem with Howard's Ron Paul paraphernalia, but when a nice Ron Paul supporter who had not sprung for the cost of a table like we did asked if she could put some of her RP fliers on our table, I said "Sure!"  So much for that theory.  :P

Friday

Quote from: d_goddard on August 08, 2007, 07:37 PM NHFT
You got nothin' on me.
I'm an Insufferable Knowitall!

Cool!  Who gave you that title?  Please tell, so I can tattle about it.  >:D

CNHT

I can't believe you went to the trouble of copying all this stuff to a new thread....

I did not let any 'cat' out of any bag. No one was berating anyone, since if you can follow a chain of events, I have always said I was dismayed that LPNH would not endorse Ron Paul as Michael Badnarik did.

So it would not make SENSE that I would 'berate' anyone for supporting him.
You are simply not making SENSE.

As for demanding to know who said that comment about the LP conventions, quite innocently, that proves my whole point.

Don't you have anything better to do? Geesh. Let it go lady.. not good for your health!

PS - Also I never said it was YOU who complained about the party being posted on their list, I was NOT TOLD who it was, just told that the 'phone was ringing off the hook' with complaints...

Apparently that was not so? I dunno, just repeating what the person from the LPNH told ME.

Lighten up will you? Like I said, not good for your health.

Lloyd Danforth

1quote]I don't understand why the LPNH won't endorse Ron Paul[/quote]

I don't understand how anyone could ask this question.  You are either a Party or, you aren't.  Anyone who asks this question doesn't consider the LP a real party.

Most LP'ers are in a quandary this year with libertarian RP running. Early on I concluded that P was going to get more facetime than whoever is picked to run on the LP ticket, and will push for him till he falls to the side at which time I will get behind the LP candidate and eventually vote for them, unless it seems prudent to write in RP.
For me its all about who gets attention paid to them, thud getting the word out.

Relative to this,  I was personing the registration table at P'fest, when George Phillies showed up to register.  I've known George about 5 years.   I said hello.  He returned my hello a bit stiffly. ( I know what you're thinking 'how could you tell?').  After he wandered off I realized he was reacting to my RP button :o

Dreepa

I have no problem with the LP not endorsing RP right now... if/when RP wins the GOP nomination then I think it would be ok to talk about that possibility.

Lloyd Danforth

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on August 08, 2007, 08:48 PM NHFT
QuoteI don't understand why the LPNH won't endorse Ron Paul

I don't understand how anyone could ask this question.  You are either a Party or, you aren't.  Anyone who asks this question doesn't consider the LP a real party.

It's not that I don't consider them a 'real' party -- it's that I thought we didn't care about 'parties' and only about the person? Hell I'd vote for Ron no matter what party he ran under... I mean I'm sure you would agree that it's hard to get the L on the ballot and so if he can get on automatically like this it's to all our benefit?

QuoteRelative to this,  I was personing the registration table at P'fest, when George Phillies showed up to register.  I've known George about 5 years.   I said hello.  He returned my hello a bit stiffly. ( I know what you're thinking 'how could you tell?').  After he wandered off I realized he was reacting to my RP button :o

Well Lloyd thank you for supporting RP and wearing the button.   :)

I have tons of buttons I've been giving away at booths, and will have more this weekend. People seem to like them, that and bumper stickers.

Russell Kanning

admitting that you are wrong Friday is the first step to freedom ;)

I didn't read all the posts .... which one of you might punch me if I happen to be standing too close to a Ron Paul sign?

CNHT

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 08, 2007, 09:03 PM NHFT
admitting that you are wrong Friday is the first step to freedom ;)

I didn't read all the posts .... which one of you might punch me if I happen to be standing too close to a Ron Paul sign?

Not I  that's for sure!

Friday

Quote from: CNHT on August 08, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT
I can't believe you went to the trouble of copying all this stuff to a new thread....

Like I said, just doing my part to minimize the off-topic debate on Error's Taproom Tuesday thread.

I did not let any 'cat' out of any bag. No one was berating anyone, since if you can follow a chain of events, I have always said I was dismayed that LPNH would not endorse Ron Paul as Michael Badnarik did.

So it would not make SENSE that I would 'berate' anyone for supporting him.
You are simply not making SENSE.
Like I said, I wasn't even there.  This is what Howard told me.  You're telling me something different.  And telling me.  :blah_by_sarrlas_emotes:

As for demanding to know who said that comment about the LP conventions, quite innocently, that proves my whole point.
"Demanding"?  What I said was "I'm curious".   ::)

Don't you have anything better to do? Geesh.
I may be immature, but I *do* know that it takes two to argue.  :)

Let it go lady.. not good for your health!
Au contraire.  Every time I read this thread title I start laughing again.  Laughter is good for your health!   ;D

PS - Also I never said it was YOU who complained about the party being posted on their list, I was NOT TOLD who it was, just told that the 'phone was ringing off the hook' with complaints...
No problem, I never thought you were implying it was me.  As for the LPNH phone ringing off the hook... only in my dreams.  :-\

Lighten up will you? Like I said, not good for your health.

Lighten up?  But I'm having fun!   :D

Fluff and Stuff

From what I understand, the LPNH is independent of the national LP so maybe it is allowed to endorse a person that is running under the banner of another Party and not the LP but I know that in TN, for example, that is against the bylaws.  Not even possible.  We talked about the idea at a convention and someone brought out the bylaws and all related talk was shut down.

Anyway, Friday, you can stalk me!