• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Friday is an Immature Tattletale who will Stalk you Forever

Started by Friday, August 08, 2007, 07:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Friday on August 08, 2007, 09:41 PM NHFT
Like I said, I wasn't even there.  This is what Howard told me.  You're telling me something different.  And telling me.

Well that was strange because he just thought it was weird that I would think anyone would be upset with him for doing this.
Because that was what I was asking....whether the LPNH was in approval of it at their booth.

Also, my witness is sitting right here now and he says "You were just asking him if they knew and approved because you were surprised if they did after what was done to you back in February".

Caleb

Now Girls! No fighting in the war room.  ;)

So I was there at the fair, and I kinda hassled Harold too. But it was all in good fun.  He had a *ton* of Ron Paul stuff up, which, if you think about it, kind of makes sense. I mean, we all know Ron is a long shot. But for as much of a long shot as he is, there's still a lot better chance that come Jan 20, 2009 we will hear "I, Ron Paul, do solemnly swear ..." than there is that we will hear "I George Phillies ..."  :)  So it was a little surprising to see the sheer magnitude of the Ron Paul paraphernalia that was on display at his Libertarian Party table. I said "surprising" ... I didn't say that it was "uncalled for" or "inappropriate". The reason that it is a little surprising is that a certain Libertarian Presidential candidate, who shall remain un-named (except for to say that his name rhymes with George Phillies,) has been a little huffy anytime the subject of Ron Paul comes out, and in fact has made a spectacle (debacle?) of himself in his attempt to show his utter contempt for anything even resembling enthusiasm for the Ron Paul campaign. So, like I said ... it was a little surprising to see Howard proudly displaying about 37 Ron Paul campaign banners, and not a single George Phillies banner. Like I said, surprising. Not inappropriate. In fact, I cheered Howard on, and let him know what I was glad that he had the RP banners, and I took the time to let him know what I think of Mr. Phillies as a human being. I shall spare you those unpleasant remarks.  :)

Caleb

And let me just add ... in case that my remarks might be taken as if I'm on CNHT's side over Friday's, that I am remaining neutral in this battle. That I like both of the lovely young ladies, and that I am honored to know both of you, and would like to thank both of you for your efforts for freedom in this state, country, and world. Hat's off to both of you. (And yes, I know, I'm not getting your Bud Light.)  :D

CNHT

Quote from: Caleb on August 08, 2007, 10:19 PM NHFT
And let me just add ... in case that my remarks might be taken as if I'm on CNHT's side over Friday's, that I am remaining neutral in this battle. That I like both of the lovely young ladies, and that I am honored to know both of you, and would like to thank both of you for your efforts for freedom in this state, country, and world. Hat's off to both of you. (And yes, I know, I'm not getting your Bud Light.)  :D

There is no battle... I think just a gross misunderstanding of what had happened to me and thus why I was surprised as you were to see LPNH displaying RP stuff.

And, guess what? When I spoke to you at the booth, I did not even know it was you until AFTER you left! Honestly, Caleb, it just never dawned on me who you were!  I just never expected to see you there...

KBCraig

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on August 08, 2007, 08:50 PM NHFT
I have no problem with the LP not endorsing RP right now... if/when RP wins the GOP nomination then I think it would be ok to talk about that possibility.
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on August 08, 2007, 08:56 PM NHFT
Not if they want to continue as a party

Why does the LP have to field a presidential candidate, versus supporting another candidate, in order to "continue as a party"?

And for that matter, isn't loyalty to party over principle what has gotten us into this two-party mess?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the LP be viable in national races, but it's pretty obvious they're not going to be. Not anytime soon. The future of the LP, if it becomes successful, is at the grassroots and local level, and the state level when possible. The occasional charismatic individual will stand out in larger races, and will hopefully win. (If you look up "charismatic" in the dictionary, you won't find George Phillies' picture.)

Steve Kubby endorsed Ron Paul. That's principle above party.

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on August 09, 2007, 12:55 AM NHFT
Why does the LP have to field a presidential candidate, versus supporting another candidate, in order to "continue as a party"?

And for that matter, isn't loyalty to party over principle what has gotten us into this two-party mess?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the LP be viable in national races, but it's pretty obvious they're not going to be. Not anytime soon. The future of the LP, if it becomes successful, is at the grassroots and local level, and the state level when possible. The occasional charismatic individual will stand out in larger races, and will hopefully win. (If you look up "charismatic" in the dictionary, you won't find George Phillies' picture.)

Ditto.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: KBCraig on August 09, 2007, 12:55 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 08, 2007, 08:50 PM NHFT
I have no problem with the LP not endorsing RP right now... if/when RP wins the GOP nomination then I think it would be ok to talk about that possibility.
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on August 08, 2007, 08:56 PM NHFT
Not if they want to continue as a party

The party can decide not to field a candidate.  Individual members can back another candidate, but, the LP officially backing RP would, probably,  be its 'Death Nell'.

d_goddard

toowm

Steve Kubby actually set it up in a good way -- given a Ron Paul win in the Republican primary, he is recommending NOTA for the LP. None Of The Above is always one of the options for an LP vote. What I'm unsure of if whether NOTA would appear on ballots in states where the LP has access.

Russell Kanning

It is good to see that you are keeping your sense of humor Friday .... I think our movement needs to laugh at itself and each other often.

I know I have been playing straight man for Caleb and Kat for quite a while now. They are just too quick for me.

Caleb

Quote from: CNHT on August 09, 2007, 12:21 AM NHFT
And, guess what? When I spoke to you at the booth, I did not even know it was you until AFTER you left! Honestly, Caleb, it just never dawned on me who you were!  I just never expected to see you there...

Why wouldn't I show up at the fair? I mean, where else around here are you gonna see a crash em' derby?

I'm not surprised that you didn't recognize me. I don't think Harold did either. I was going incognito.  8)

CNHT

Quote from: Caleb on August 09, 2007, 06:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on August 09, 2007, 12:21 AM NHFT

Why wouldn't I show up at the fair? I mean, where else around here are you gonna see a crash em' derby?

I'm not surprised that you didn't recognize me. I don't think Harold did either. I was going incognito.  8)

Ahhhh yes I love the demolition derby as it's called! I had a car in one at one time!!!!!! It is wild and crazy...

I guess I was just not thinking Keene, Caleb,  Cheshire county, that was only the fourth time I've been out that way.

Friday

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on August 08, 2007, 09:50 PM NHFT
From what I understand, the LPNH is independent of the national LP so maybe it is allowed to endorse a person that is running under the banner of another Party and not the LP but I know that in TN, for example, that is against the bylaws.  Not even possible.  We talked about the idea at a convention and someone brought out the bylaws and all related talk was shut down.
I thought that too for a while (that the LPNH is independent), but apparently that's overstating the case a bit. The "independence" is merely a matter of how the dues get collected.  I honestly don't even remember if anyone at the nominating convention formally nominated Ron Paul; maybe one of the other people on this forum who was in attendance would like to come out of the closet <cough> and comment on that.

Anyway, Friday, you can stalk me!
:hug: